Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good spot for camping louth

Options
  • 03-03-2012 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

where would be a good spot to camp overnight in louth. safespot away from people and dogs :D:D just want to try out my two man tent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Louth's a big place!! You wouldn't like to narrow it down a bit? I'd reckon you be safe enough up anywhere in the Cooley Hills, there's a few wee lakes up on the back of Slieve Foye where you're bound to find a dry spot and water. The car? - that's another matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

BarryD wrote: »
    Louth's a big place!! You wouldn't like to narrow it down a bit? I'd reckon you be safe enough up anywhere in the Cooley Hills, there's a few wee lakes up on the back of Slieve Foye where you're bound to find a dry spot and water. The car? - that's another matter!
    thanks barryD yeah its big enough sorry about that :D
    I'll be on my touring bicycle just wanna stay close to drogheda area 20 mile radious kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Ah, I see why you want to avoid the dogs, never mind the bowsies. I'd have to defer to someone with better local knowledge but I might look along the coast or just ask a friendly farmer :)

On subject of cycle camping, did you ever see those tarpaulan sheets devised to make a shelter using the bike as the main 'pole' or support? Be handy insofar as you'd be able to keep an eye on the bike while you sleep. Well, it'd be fairly obvious if someone tried to nick it! Must have been draughty though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

yeah did think of the coast but near impossible to find a really out of the way spot but i'll keep looking.
    yeah seen those tents rubbish if you ask me :D:D
    thanks again for the reply.

Advertisement