Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Building Question

Options
  • 03-03-2012 9:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I understand that alot of people around these parts and many others who actually want a good system for gaming or other purposes would build it themselves, but the question is, for those who don't have the experience building machines, would you pay some one else to do it? Or just buy a high spec machine online?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If you're based in Dublin I'll build it for free. There are other people around the country willing to help out as well. Also one of the sites that people order from (hardwareversand.de) is doing a special offer where they will assemble for €5 for the rest of the month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

No I can build myself, I'm just asking, would you pay someone though?

No I can build myself, I'm just asking, would you pay someone though?

I'm sure some people would, as it still works out cheaper than buying a POS alienware.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

And here's me thinking an Alienware machine would have been decent.

And here's me thinking an Alienware machine would have been decent.

Most of them are horribly unbalanced for gaming. For example the cheapest Aurora gives you an i7-3820, GTX 555 and 8GB of RAM for a massive €1,350. You could get an infinitely better custom built one for the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Alienware laptops though are slightly better priced (particularly if you know the ins and outs of Dell, as well as International ordering). You do pay a premium, but Alienwares usually are quite well designed thermally.

/on-topic, I wouldn't, but I'm sure there are people out there that would.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You've come to the right place to get the absolute best your money can buy. Dell & companies selling you packaged deals add on a very sizeable chunk to what it's worth, non-optimised! Sure fill out the form on deconduo's sig and see what you can get for the same amount!

/on topic, my ideal scenario is making the PC myself with someone knowledgeable watching over my shoulder, lol.

Advertisement