Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce tonight

• 03-03-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Anywere on uk tv to watch? I imagine not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am hoping that the continental version of Eurosport 2 shows it. They usually do.

EDIT: Looks like they aren't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Any links guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Big bet on Rousey, and moderate double on Kj Noons and Rousey. Fights havn't been fantastic so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Fair play to Bowling there. He didn't go running around like a lunatic after winning. Dropped straight down and shook Sailings hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

No spoiler alert in thread title, so here goes
    Was rooting for Rousey and glad she won via, umm, Rousey, but she wasn't exactly gracious. Good to see she has cardio beyond 45 seconds :P But Tate's arm was nasty to watch in slomo.

I had never seen Josh Thompson fight before and was very impressed. Jacare is also a joy to watch as always. Paul Daley is now 1-3 in Strikeforce. I expect him to be in serious trouble now.

Kaufman-Davis was a bloody war. Davis' eyebrow was seriously messed up. I assumed the blood on Kaufman's face wasn't hers but seeing her in the crowd afterwards suggested otherwise. Both are tough as nails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the angle of her arm at the end was horrible, absolutely horrible. only watched the main on mmacore, is the rest of the card worth watching?

Yes. The undercard alone is worth a watch for the female bout and Bowling-Saling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus, what a nasty nasty armbar!! Why the hell didn't she tap sooner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus, what a nasty nasty armbar!! Why the hell didn't she tap sooner!

"I'm not sorry"... love that girl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

8 fights total, 8 armbar wins - 7 under 1 minute. Thats ridiculous. Obviously a fair higher standard that the others in the division.

Also, did anyone see the comments from Bryan Caraway (Tate's boyfriend) before the fight.
    "Bascially said he's knock Rouseys teeth out and break her arm. He'd never hit a girl but she isn't a girl"

Wow. What a dumbass? What ever about trash talk, but has he learnt nothing from recent twitter cock ups. only in the UFC a short while and comments liek that could mess up his future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wow great Finale to a sub standard card, however that last match made it all worth while. Her next opponent in the crowd didn't look too up for the fight :) Guess she had a hard win earlier though.

Know why JK Noons never made the leap over to UFC, well for me, I just never enjoy seeing him fight. Not sure why, as I usually enjoy people with boxing skills but to me his aren't great in a MMA setting.

Loved seeing Semtex pissed off with the result, was a close enough fight but having a bloodied up opponent doesn't win you the fight. Maybe in old Pride rules he might have won it.

Commentary as always was great:

"You see the way the girls braid their hair, you know when they grind their heads in each others faces, that's like rope, scraping your face up"
    "I guess the guys did it when we didn't shave, remember we do that 3-day beard"
    "I ate onions"

:D

Mellor wrote: »
    Also, did anyone see the comments from Bryan Caraway (Tate's boyfriend) before the fight.
    "Bascially said he's knock Rouseys teeth out and break her arm. He'd never hit a girl but she isn't a girl"

Wow. What a dumbass? What ever about trash talk, but has he learnt nothing from recent twitter cock ups. only in the UFC a short while and comments liek that could mess up his future.

Bryan Caraway is an idiot to come out with a statement like that.

Tate made a statement had she has no broken bones in her arm.....how the hell not :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

Good article on "Arm-gate". The picture of Rousey looking at the woman interviewer about half way down is brilliant.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/389043/Ronda-Rousey-controversy-continues-with-victory/

p to the e wrote: »
    The picture of Rousey looking at the woman interviewer about half way down is brilliant.

IIRC she asked her what her game plan was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Tate made a statement had she has no broken bones in her arm.....how the hell not :eek:

Her elbow joint was mangled rather than the bones either side of it. She'll have some ligament/tendon damage which is worse.

Imagine you have a chicken wing. A full wing with a forearm and bicep bits.
    Now bend them back, stretch them out a little. All the connective tissue pops out. The bones are a little separated, but not broken. That's Tates arm.

Now get some Franks Hto sauce and enjoy you chicken wings.

now I want some chicken wings :( Thanks for the explanation lads, tough chick not tapping sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Nice demo from two of the gracies in the breakdown, never noticed this before hearing it on MMA hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XqV9TIVkDY&list=UUNMZWa1QP42jHrmmzayFEeg&index=1&feature=plcp

They did it for Frankie v Henderson also

Advertisement