Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress error

Options
  • 03-03-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I have just installed wordpress on a domain,
    Install went fine,
    now that I tried to install a plugin i get the following error,
    anyone have any ideas?

PHP Warning: touch() [<a href='function.touch'>function.touch</a>]: Unable to create file C:\domains\mydomain.ie\wwwroot\wp/wp-content/maintenance-mode.tmp because Permission denied in C:\domains\ mydomain.ie\wwwroot\wp\wp-admin\includes\file.php on line 177
    PHP Warning: unlink(C:\domains\ mydomain.ie\wwwroot\wp/wp-content/maintenance-mode.tmp) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory in C:\domains\ mydomain.ie\wwwroot\wp\wp-admin\includes\file.php on line 509
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

try uninstalling the plugin and install again.

Is it supported with the current version of WP?
    What are the ratings like for the plugin/ how many downloads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

it wont actually install any plugins, i tried a few, and i get that same error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

could be a problem with the Wp install.
    Uninstall it and try again.

Do you have the same problem with other themes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Is this on an XAMP install or a live web server?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

its up on webhosts server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its a permission issue, read the error !
    you need to set your plugin dir to write,
    your image upload dir too btw.

not sure if 777 is safe option but try that first

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Windows servers don't always play nice with PHP scripts, if you can get the hosting changed from Windows to Unix I would, will likely even save some headaches down the road. You can't easily change permissions like "CHMOD" (Unix command) on Windows servers. You'll need to contact your host manually each time to change permissions more than likely. Setting permissions to 777 is not ideal, but on a secure web server should be safe, if at all possible avoiding it I would though.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im pretty sure you can do it via your FTP/ or file manager, if the hosting has a CP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Placebo wrote: »
    im pretty sure you can do it via your FTP/ or file manager, if the hosting has a CP

With a major Irish web host I've found this not to be the case, I didn't order the hosting (people typically will go with Windows) and had huge issues with Joomla on a Windows platform using PHP. I got the hosting changed from Windows to Unix and that solved them. Fwiw even the online file manager for the hosting didn't support Windows permission levels, and windows wont recognise CHMOD commands

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yeah it's a permissions issue. Unless there's a strong reason to do so, I wouldn't host this on a Windows service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement