Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practical philosophy?

Options
  • 03-03-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hey guys.

I have a degree in philosophy, but between being a very (*very*) bad student and a typically massive workload all the way through college, I really feel that I haven't learned anything.

We did a lot of philosophy that I couldn't connect to my everyday life. If I were more intelligent I'm sure I would have made connections.. :rolleyes: But I've found that topics like theology, metaphysics etc haven't helped me to interpret the everyday world at all. Some of the political philosophy we did was great for this purpose, but I found most of our topics uninteresting. (my opinion only)

Having been out of college for a year and a half my hunger for reading is back. Anyone have any suggestions of books that can help me? I'm interested also in the philosophy of friendship, we never studied it and I have no idea what to read.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement