Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Track bed been cleared on Granard Road??? Anyone know why?

Options
  • 03-03-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

While i was driving to granard from cavan today i noticed that the county council are currently clearing the trackbed and bridges of the old Cavan - inny Junction Rail link. Does anybody know why or wath they are doing? Is there a Railway connection for cavan been looked at by Cavan county council? i have some photos of the clearance will post the tomorrow

Regards

Lynchiered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lynchiered wrote: »
    Is there a Railway connection for cavan been looked at by Cavan county council?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 killaman

That is the route of the re-aligned N55 - due to commence works shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Dundavan railway bridge (road over trackbed) was delisted from the list of protected structures last year so that it can be demolished to make way for the N55 works.

Cavan Co. Co. own the vast majority of the former Cavan - Inny Jct. rail alignment in the county.

Not a fan of seeing the old rail route converted to roadway but if it saves lives on that notorious road it has to be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lynchiered

some photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Badly needed work. The existing road is a disaster.
    Anyone know when this is due to be completed?

Advertisement