Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool things to see and to do in Dublin City

Options
  • 03-03-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a thread for people to share tips on places, things to do and see in the city that aren't typically touristy, or aren't mentioned regularly/ not so well known.

To start:

During the summer, relaxing on the Trinity campus grass facing the Pav with some food and drink, has a great atmosphere when it starts getting nice

Exploring the city and visiting the side streets, and experiencing old Dublin.

The Candy Shop just adjacent to Central Bank, only discovered this the other week

Chilling out in the gardens that face Deloitte.

Edit: Also of course suggestions do not have to be confined to the city itself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I don't see why it's not relevant here, it's to do with Dublin City, just looking for people to suggest offbeat things that are worth doing.

This forum obviously has a better general response as well

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this thread has loads of brilliant things to do

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74200305

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Don't go into the city much but...

Botanic Gardens - a must see!

Dublin Castle Area!

Stephen's Green Park is nice!

North Docklands - nice walk along Liffey etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

If you want a nice place to eat, I recommend Anne's on Henry Street, I stop in there often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Something I would love to do is visit Bull Island... also never been to Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shelly Lou

I would highly recommend renting a bike (when the weather is good!) the Irish centre for Cycling out in Malahide do fantastic bike rentals and tours. We did the Bike and boat tour during the summer there, was brilliant! you go on a dublin cruise around the bay, then your bike rental which brings you along the coast. You get to see Malahide castle aswell, where they're based.

Its a great day out for the weekend cures the hangover!! haha :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement