Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help: WiFi Deadzones in house, what 2nd router to get?

Options
  • 03-03-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a Netopia 3347nwg Wireless Router from Eircom in my bedroom on one side of the house, its fine for wifi coverage except for where we got the garage converted on the far side of the house. The converted garage and its immediate vicinity are a wifi deadzone. FYI, I have Eircom 8Mb/s broadband.

At the moment I'm using a Powerline adaptor (TP-Link 200Mb/s) which gives me wired ethernet but I'm now in a situation where I need wifi in that area of the house.

Can anyone let me know what device I should get for downstairs? In addition to extending the WiFi in that area of the house, I'd also need wired access for 2-3 devices, so I'd need to get something with switch like capabilities. I've been looking on Amazon.co.uk & I was thinking of one of the TP-Link devices as they seem to be highly rated. Can anyone recommend which device would be suitable for my needs?

Any and all advice will be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Rael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

You can purchase a Ethernet over power device like the one u are currently using with wi fi built into it. The u can patch out into a standard switch for your wired devices. Look at your current unit and check with the manufacturer for different models etc

Advertisement