Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confusion re: loss of no claims bonus and renewing car insurance again/2 policies

• 04-03-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

looking for an answer to this question as nobody else seems to know and I don't think it is particularly complicated?!

Basically am a named driver on someone else's car insurance. Crashed this car 2 years ago and claimed loosing no claims bonus for this car. Renewed again since and have been paying the price as insurance has obviously risen.

However, I have my own policy on another car with another company. When I go to renew this policy and get quotes for this car with other companys they all ask have I had an accident in the last 5 years and do I have a no claims bonus.

I am really confused about how to answer these questions. For this car in question and this policy, yes I do have a no claims bonus and no I have not crashed it. However, is this lieing considering I have had an accident, in another car from another policy?

On one hand I can see why they would want to know if I have been in an accident, but then on the other hand I am already paying for the fact I have lost my no claims bonus on my other policy !

Anybody any idea on this matter??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Yes, you must tell them about all accidents. Explain it to potential insurers exactly as you did here. You should get the full benefit of the bonus you have earned for the car you want to insure

Advertisement