Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Cook's Endeavour

Options
  • 04-03-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm considering getting involved in a bit of modelling. A friend of mine has been subscribing to one of the modelling magazines, but he has lost interest in the model and has not done any work in the last 20 weeks or so.

The subscription is not cheap, £5.99 per week with another 56 weeks to go (of 100). He is offering me the model that he has built to date if I take over the subscription from him and pay him €150 in lieu of the 44 issues he has already received.

Is this a good offer? I've had a look at the model constructed so far and the components still to be assembled. The quality seems superb and the magazines and the instructions seem to be good and easy to follow.

I'm tempted but it seems like a lot of money. Would I get better value from a modelling shop if I bought an entire model in one go. I intend to build it with my 15 year old son who has started showing an interest in modelling.

Any advice will be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KENDEE

Iv been building model ships for years and I can tell ya to give something a bit smaller a go before you commit to it.these models take two years before you finsh and cost ya about 1500 euro or so .and your young lad is showing an intrest that's rare these days of playstation so Id hate to think he,d get bored and lose intrest .my advice take him to marks models they stock models from a company called constucto they are Planck on frame similar to the endever .I'd start on one of their smaller models .cost around 60 euro or so good quality or hobbies uk you could buy the endever kit for around 400 I think ud have to shop around and see.any way best of luck and I hope you and your son enjoy the hobby.

Advertisement