Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nice air freshners for cars

• 04-03-2012 12:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

what are nice car air freshners. hate really strong ones but just something that leaves a nice tint of something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Neutradol is good for masking smells.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

theres no smells or odours but sometimes when i sit into friends cars theres nice smells from something. not really into magic trees as they can be very over powering at the start.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I like neutradol as I'm a smoker, and I like leathery smelling air fresheners

A good clean out regularly with good products leaves a lovely residual smell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Stheno wrote: »
    A good clean out regularly with good products leaves a lovely residual smell

Autoglym Interior Shampoo leaves a nice subtle smell imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Autoglym Interior Shampoo leaves a nice subtle smell imo.

That's the one I was thinking of, thanks :) Clean and fresh but not stinking of artificial crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Keep it clean inside do not eat ,drink, or smoke in the car and every two months put neutradol in it. I gaurantee your car will smell as fresh as new for as long as you own it.
    I hate the other things, they remind me of a public toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

California scents are lovely

http://www.cleancar.ie/air-fresheners.html

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Black ice magic tree always. Gets favourable comment from passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Apple or coconut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I use these: LINK
    Have used them for years and they are very subtle and last for ages. They have an adjustable slider on them depending on how strong you want it to be. Found a very nice mint and eucalyptus scent for it and I think it is very pleasant. It all really depends on what you want though I suppose :)
    Best bet is to buy a few and see what suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Open window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Alan70 wrote: »
    Black ice magic tree always. Gets favourable comment from passengers.

I have a can of this in the car I love it :o

Chemical Guys new car scent is also nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Light an american candle and leave the windows down a bit. Carrying or eating food in the car stinks it. I puts the takeaway in the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Love the Chemical Guys Leather Scent and there are other scents you can get that are excellent if thats to your taste.

http://www.detailingshed.com/air-fresheners/98-chemical-guys-stripper-scent-air-freshener-.html

If you car is dirty you need to clean it properly, wet vac the carpets and mats and get in under the seats. Festering dirt smells worse with a layer of perfume over it, like a taxi...puke and pine trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Yankee make air freshners , like fresh cotton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Miscreant wrote: »
    I use these: LINK
    Have used them for years and they are very subtle and last for ages. They have an adjustable slider on them depending on how strong you want it to be. Found a very nice mint and eucalyptus scent for it and I think it is very pleasant. It all really depends on what you want though I suppose :)
    Best bet is to buy a few and see what suits you.

Very good product. I use this aswell, have the pacific air at the moment.

I don't know how anyone can put that rotten vanilla one into a car. It's stink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Very good product. I use this aswell, have the pacific air at the moment.

I don't know how anyone can put that rotten vanilla one into a car. It's stink!

I made that mistake today. Cars sitting outside with the widows down trying to shift the stink...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

As mentioned by a couple of other Neutradol is good

Clean and fresh and not over powering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I'm very fortunate that te company I work for have a product for cleaning sitcom systems.

Basically, a long tube goes into the vents, give it a spray, turn the sitcom onto minimum temp and recirculate, and allow it to run for about 10 minutes.

Kills all the bacteria in the system, and leaves a lovely fresh smell that lasts for ages.

The only downside is that for the first few minutes after you've used it, there is a slightly "clinical" smell in the car.

EDIT: If I ever get to go to one of the meets, I'll bring a couple of cans of the stuff with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There's also a valeting/detailing company in Dublin who have a machine for refreshing the car.

Either the machine itself or a tube coming from it sits in the car with all windows closed etc. It emits a smoke/steam with whatever scent you pick and fogs up the whole car.

It's left like that for a few minutes to let the smoke kill all bacteria and get into the air vents etc. When it's done you have a lovely, clean and fresh interior :D

I can't for the life of me remember which company it was sadly.

Advertisement