Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots?

• 04-03-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I once worked with a chap who was given the nickname boots. For those who are unaware, it refers to a person who is so buried up their bosses, friends or whoevers ass (obviously not physically) but with their constant agreement and flattery that all you can see is the boots, hence the nickname.

So AH peoples has anyone ever come across strange nicknames.:pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ankles. (for same reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

humberklog wrote: »
    Ankles.

Whats that about then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

I suppose there's a "Beans" in every community :D

One of my old school friends became known as "half past four" where he worked, because he was always asking "is it half past four yet!" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Chinese finger trap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Whats that about then?

'scuse the delay, was pouring wine...post re-done(as such). By golly they were knee deep in the bosses arse...mind you that was 20 years ago and met them recently and they were fine citizens.

Still and all...her nickname was Ankles.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Chinese finger trap.

Well whats that about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

AnamGlas wrote: »
    I suppose there's a "Beans" in every community :D
    There was a Beano in mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Did we not just do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

I thought this thread said boobs. So disappointed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

A girl who wore tight pants. Called ''mumbles'' because when she walked you could see her lips moving but couldn't her what they were saying.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Did we not just do this?
    Boots?
    I once worked with a chap who was given the nickname boots. For those who are unaware, it refers to a person who is so buried up their bosses, friends or whoevers ass (obviously not physically) but with their constant agreement and flattery that all you can see is the boots, hence the nickname.

So AH peoples has anyone ever come across strange nicknames.pacman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Boots?
    ^No, not that bit...

...this bit:
    So AH peoples has anyone ever come across strange nicknames.pacman.gif

El Weirdo wrote: »
    ^No, not that bit...

...this bit:

I cant recall is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

So AH peoples has anyone ever come across strange nicknames.:pac:

I worked with a woman who used to go on sunbeds too much. The skin on her face was always brown and leathery, so I nicknamed her boot face.
    It was so funny, the name stuck and everyone on the firm referred to her as boot face (except to her face).
    It was great on the tannoy; can boot face come to reception please. Boot face to reception..

Advertisement