Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period?

Options
  • 04-03-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

i was wondering, i placed order on wednesday ---> for phone line and broadband--> bundle. tech guy came next day and checked the line and said all is ready to go. On friday i called them and they said it hasnt been activated yet - no phoneline or bB... i was thinking if i can still cancel the order without any futher charges or once he was in my house i am chained to the contract.

no phone call or anything has been made from my line as i dont even have any device to plug in.

can anyone point me to the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

its 7 days. just canceled my order completly. without any charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Bikerguy wrote: »
    i was wondering, i placed order on wednesday ---> for phone line and broadband--> bundle. tech guy came next day and checked the line and said all is ready to go. On friday i called them and they said it hasnt been activated yet - no phoneline or bB... i was thinking if i can still cancel the order without any futher charges or once he was in my house i am chained to the contract.

no phone call or anything has been made from my line as i dont even have any device to plug in.

can anyone point me to the right direction.

Hi Bikerguy,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

Let me know if you need help any time.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Bikerguy,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

Let me know if you need help any time.

Kind regards,
    Ant

i have been told that i have to wait to receive Eircom acc number over the post and then i can cancel it. but they have made record of my request and i was promised there wont be additional charge at all. so far so good.

thank you

i have been told that i have to wait to receive Eircom acc number over the post and then i can cancel it. but they have made record of my request and i was promised there wont be additional charge at all. so far so good.

thank you

Hi Bikerguy,

Thanks for getting back on the eircom Forum - boards.ie

If you PM your home phone number I will look into your query. If possible, can you also provide the mobile phone contact number that you gave when setting up your account.

Regards,
    Ant

Hi Bikerguy,

If you PM your home phone number I will look into your query. If possible, can you also provide the mobile phone contact number that you gave when setting up your account.

Regards,
    Ant

i send u over the details.

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Bikerguy,

Regards,
    Ant

details sended including phone number.

can u check that for me?

i mean if the acc was canceled?

thanks in advance

details sended including phone number.

can u check that for me?

i mean if the acc was canceled?

thanks in advance

Hi Bikerguy,

I have sent you a PM.

Let me know if I can help you in the future.

All the best,
    Ant

Hi Bikerguy,

I have sent you a PM.

All the best,
    Ant

i would like to ask you for HELP

TODAY EIRCOM SEND ME A BILL FOR

Service + connexion charges 25,79€
    Vat 5,93

TOTAL 31,72€

Can you tell me why is that? i have been told there wont be any charge made and the service wasnt active at any stage, not to mention that you are holding the line!!

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

i would like to ask you for HELP

TODAY EIRCOM SEND ME A BILL FOR

Service + connexion charges 25,79€
    Vat 5,93

TOTAL 31,72€

Can you tell me why is that? i have been told there wont be any charge made and the service wasnt active at any stage, not to mention that you are holding the line!!

Ed

Hi Ed,

Can you send me a private message with your telephone number or account number so I can have a look into the bill you received please.

Many thanks, Mark

Hi Ed,

Can you send me a private message with your telephone number or account number so I can have a look into the bill you received please.

Many thanks, Mark

pm sended

btw pm from ANT--->

Appreciate you waiting on my reply Ed,

I can confirm that your Account has been cancelled (08/03/2012) during the cool off period.

You will therefore not receive any early cease charge. If you receive any requests for charges or if you have any further queries on this, just let us know here on Boards.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

pm sended

btw pm from ANT--->

Appreciate you waiting on my reply Ed,

I can confirm that your Account has been cancelled (08/03/2012) during the cool off period.

You will therefore not receive any early cease charge. If you receive any requests for charges or if you have any further queries on this, just let us know here on Boards.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Bikerguy,

I PM you back, I hope everthing is clear.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Bikerguy,

I PM you back, I hope everthing is clear.

Thanks, Mark

yes Mark i hope the money wont be taken from my acc, otherwise i am happy so far for your quick respond and help.

Have a nice day.

thanks

Ed

Another BILL from Eircom. date is 17.03. !!!

2,87e this is a joke isnt?

please check that out!

Another BILL from Eircom. date is 17.03. !!!

2,87e this is a joke isnt?

please check that out!

Hi Ed,

I PM you back,

Thanks, Mark

Hi Ed,

I PM you back,

Thanks, Mark

again thanks. i am not here only to complain. thanks to you here i didnt lost my hopes against Eircom.

have a nice day Mark.

Ed

again thanks. i am not here only to complain. thanks to you here i didnt lost my hopes against Eircom.

have a nice day Mark.

Ed

Hi Ed,

No of course I know you just want to get the issue resolved and as I outlined in the PM once the last eircom bill is sent ot I will insure to resolve the issue in full.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Eircom have told me my cancellation was too late as it was after 7 calendar days.

On the Citizens advice site, the relevant page says:
    Cooling off period

A cooling off period is the period when a consumer may legally withdraw from a contract without incurring a penalty. If you have given your consent to a service provider, this cooling off period is seven working days from the date you receive the terms and conditions of the contract.

The National Consumer Agency says:
    If you don’t like any of the terms and conditions, you will usually have a period of seven working days to cancel the contract – this is called the “cooling-off” period.

Can anyone confirm what the legal situation is in this case?

sesswhat wrote: »
    Eircom have told me my cancellation was too late as it was after 7 calendar days.

On the Citizens advice site, the relevant page says:

The National Consumer Agency says:

Can anyone confirm what the legal situation is in this case?

Hi sesswhat,

The cooling off period can vary slightly depending on which channel the order to eircom was placed.

Can you send me a private message with your eircom account number and the date and method (number you rang to cancel) you request to return to eircom?

Thanks, Mark

Hi sesswhat,

The cooling off period can vary slightly depending on which channel the order to eircom was placed.

Can you send me a private message with your eircom account number and the date and method (number you rang to cancel) you request to return to eircom?

Thanks, Mark

PM sent Mark!

PM sent Mark!

Hi sesswhat,

I got your PM thanks, it may take some time to investigate the issue with our winback department but I will get back to you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi sesswhat,

I got your PM thanks, it may take some time to investigate the issue with our winback department but I will get back to you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

Thank's for that Mark.

edit: Just replied to your PM now.

Thank's for that Mark.

edit: Just replied to your PM now.

Hi sesswhat

I DM you back there,

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark,

I'm stuck in a bit of a loop now with my old provider needing a new Universal account number, and eircom telling me to keep tying the one they have given. I sent you a PM with the details.

Thanks Mark,

I'm stuck in a bit of a loop now with my old provider needing a new Universal account number, and eircom telling me to keep tying the one they have given. I sent you a PM with the details.

Hi sesswhat,

Thanks for your query.

Your UAN is normally your eircom Account number. If you give this to your new provider, they should be able able to confirm this for you. Otherwise, it would be the original eircom Account number, depending on how it is registered on the system.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement