Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabb External Bell

Options
  • 04-03-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All, have just installed HKC securewave 10/70 panel plus Sabb external bell, hard wire pirs and some rf devices. Am getting open tamper on external bell, have tried all combinations of connections recommended on this forum but cannot clear fault. Do I have to program it from the keypad, any help welcomed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Make sure you have the tamper resistor in the sabb. Make sure the lid is pressing down on the tamper switch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

artisan wrote: »
    Hi All, have just installed HKC securewave 10/70 panel plus Sabb external bell, hard wire pirs and some rf devices. Am getting open tamper on external bell, have tried all combinations of connections recommended on this forum but cannot clear fault. Do I have to program it from the keypad, any help welcomed

Have you tested the cable going to the bell?
    What type bell are you installing?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

altor wrote: »

Have you tested the cable going to the bell?
    What type bell are you installing?

If you have a multimeter measure the voltage between saab hold and tamper return in the panel.

Open = 5 volts
    Closed = 2.5 volts

If you are getting anything else 0 or 12volts you might have a short in your cable.

Another way is to measure the resistance between dab hold and tamper return. Its should be 4k7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is it a wired or wireless bell box?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kub wrote: »
    Is it a wired or wireless bell box?
    I'm presuming wired
    have tried all combinations of connections recommended on this forum but cannot clear fault.

I would be checking the cables resistor & connections between the hold off & the tamper return,
    Disconnect from the bell & close off there. That will eliminate a problem on the cable.

• Advertisement

Another thing it might be is the tamper return. If you have the blue wire in the BHO the return yellow cable needs to come out of the left terminal as in the picture attached.
    I would also check if the tamper in the bell is closing also when you close the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 artisan

Hi All, and thanks for your replies.It is a hard wired bell, have belled out the tamper return and bell hold both ok. Also cable tied the switch to keep closed, wired as instructed only did not checked the resistor maybe faulty. Unfortunate the alarm is in my sisters house in the country so will not get to it till next weekend any more suggestions welcomed and again thanks for all replies.

Hi All, and thanks for your replies.It is a hard wired bell, have belled out the tamper return and bell hold both ok. Also cable tied the switch to keep closed, wired as instructed only did not checked the resistor maybe faulty. Unfortunate the alarm is in my sisters house in the country so will not get to it till next weekend any more suggestions welcomed and again thanks for all replies.

Your welcome,

If you put the resistor into the BHO and tamper return in the control panel and it closes the external bell tamper then it may be the bell that is the issue. I would bring a spare external bell down the country just in case :D

Thanks Altor, did try the resistor in the panel but to no avail, will take your advice and bring down a new unit. Thanks

There is a bunch of resistors in the panel plus one in the BHO, tamper return when you get the control panel. If you put a resistor across the BHO and tamper return in the control panel and that did not solve the issue then it may be the control panel that has the fault and not the bell.

• Advertisement

Hi All, am still trying to sort fault, have checked cables all ok, have measured voltage 2.5 volts closed; nearly 5 when open, measured resistors all 4k7, put resistor in panel between bho and tamper return measures closed, have defaulted all panel etc, am now presuming fault maybe on panel has anyone come across this or can recommend a way of clearing fault, I am able to force arm the system so everything else is ok. Thanks for any help am on site of alarm now so prompt replies would be welcomed.

Hi All, am still trying to sort fault, have checked cables all ok, have measured voltage 2.5 volts closed; nearly 5 when open, measured resistors all 4k7, put resistor in panel between bho and tamper return measures closed, have defaulted all panel etc, am now presuming fault maybe on panel has anyone come across this or can recommend a way of clearing fault, I am able to force arm the system so everything else is ok. Thanks for any help am on site of alarm now so prompt replies would be welcomed.

If you put the resistor in the panel across the BHO and tamper return and it does not show up as a bell tamper then I would assume it is the bell or the cable causing the issue. Can you attach the bell to the control panel on a small length of cable and see if that works?

Hi Altor Thanks for your reply, sorry I may not have explained well, all changes are still showing bell tamper it looks as it is embedded into the system any faults I brought up cleared ie. panel tamper.

Hi Altor Thanks for your reply, sorry I may not have explained well, all changes are still showing bell tamper it looks as it is embedded into the system any faults I brought up cleared ie. panel tamper.

So even if you put the resistor in the control panel it still shows the fault?
    If so the panel may have a fault.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you verified the resistor value. I know its an obvious one but. ......

Hi All, got to the end of my problem, had to remove circuit board and get a replacement, lost a lot of time thinking it was my fault, thanks again for your help.

Glad you got it sorted in the end. Nothing worse that a faulty device to wreck your head.

Hi All, got to the end of my problem, had to remove circuit board and get a replacement, lost a lot of time thinking it was my fault, thanks again for your help.

Hi artisan,
    Good to see you got the problem solved. Thanks for letting us know.

Advertisement