Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a broken fuse holder arm fixed for cheap in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-03-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have a very good set of reference speakers. One of them gave up on me quite awhile ago and i have not got it sorted yet. I did have a look inside and noticed that on the circuit board, one of the arms of the fuse holder has snapped. I am not confident enough to attempt to fix the problem as the board is quite tight.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that would be able to fix this for cheap enough? Seems like a fairly simple problem. When the speaker gave up on me i assumed it was something big. I'm not an electrical person but thought i would have a look inside to see if there was something obvious wrong. I noticed the arm of the fuse holder on one side snapped. Is this an easy job as i would imagine it is and if so is there anyone that anyone could recommend to fix it around Dublin? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It should be straight forward enough to fix that, by replacing the actual fuse holder end on the pcb with a new one. It could be replaced in original location, or leads soldered to original holder arms and relocate a new holder, just depending on the situation with it.

Can you put up a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

did something like this recently, but in my case i just soldered two short pieces of copper wire to either end of the fuse then soldered the wires into the pcb......worked a treat except if the fuse needs to be replaced that soldering iron has to come out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea ive done that before by just soldering the fuse directly to a broken holder.

A piece of 1.5 solid core could be soldered to the single arm thats still there, and shaped into a C shape, to hold the fuse at that end. It all depends on the actual setup.

Advertisement