Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Village -Council housing

Options
  • 04-03-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Just a question about council housing in Golden Village. My family and I would love to live in Golden, and would like to know how long it takes to get a house in the village. Thanks in advance for response/s.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Apply to the Council but as far as I know you will have to have some connection to the village( i,e work there,originate from there) to get a house there.
    How long you will be waiting will depend on how many people are looking for housing in Golden and how often vacancies occur.There are no new houses being built this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tiredmum

Thank you very much for your response. We have applied and were given approval for housing. We are on the waiting list for Golden as well. Just wanted to know what chances we have of getting a house in Golden in the near future. Trusting it won't be too many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

know someone with a family who is going in to her 10th year on housing list, of course another part of the country. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

I suppose you have to wait for a house to be empty golden not a massive place so id say it could be a waiting game if you could find out how many are in front of you might give an idea how long you will be waiting

I called the housing officer today and he just replied that should a vacancy arise, that we will be considered along with all the other applicants. He did not want to tell me how far down the list we are. Not much of a response but will have to just wait and see. As far as i know from a family member in Golden, there are no vacant houses. So its going to be a long wait.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

could you not just rent there if it's where you want to live?
    maybe you'd qualify for the rent supplement?

We have put out a wanted notice in the local shops but have not received any replies to it. Guess there is none to rent out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Did you ever try an advert in the free paper "South Tipp Today"...or the Nationalist,saying you are looking to rent out that way? Maybe worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Check out Daft.ie... there are two houses available for rent in Golden.

Thanks for all the replies.Good news. We found a place close to Golden to rent until we get council housing. :D:D;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement