Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singer Needed for 70's style rock band Silverbird

• 04-03-2012 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey,

So we're a 4-piece band so far but looking to expand to a 5-piece with a new lead singer. At the moment we have drums, bass player, 2 lead/rhythm guitarists (one of which who plays keyboard for any songs that need it), and among us are 3 competent singers (we're big into our 3 part harmonies) .

We're called Silverbird and are based in south dublin, we practise in Dedsound Studios in Dublin 12 once a week, and we usually gig every second week. We have been together for over 4 years now in total, so no time wasters please.

We do covers and originals, we cover bands like Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Thin Lizzy, Free and we are hoping to expand more in the future with a new lead singer to be able to do songs by the likes of Queen, Boston and Journey. We also will do rock or pop songs either for functions like weddings from time to time too, so you need to have an open mind about different genres.

Ideally, we need someone with a great soulful voice and a wide range based on high-baritone or tenor. So somebody who can belt out powerful vocals like Freddie Mercury and David Coverdale, but also employ the soaring soulful technicality of the Scripts Danny O' Donoghue.

Cheers Folks

Paul,
    Silverbird

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Silverbirdband

Also worth mentioning that we are all in our early 20's, so ideally we would like someone between 18 and 30

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 gpegman

bump
    Hi guys.
    Slightly outside your age range at 35 but I am a classily trained tenor and can sing almost any genre. I have performed at many gigs across ireland and some in the uk (all classical) but I want to start making a regular living from music. If you want to talk more, please get in touch. You can pm me your number or I can do likewise.
    Ger

hey gpegman, thanks for showing an interest but I don't think we could guarantee your making a regular living from music unfortunately. we do play both originals and cover gigs but I think you would be better off looking for a dedicated cover band which are geared directly at weddings and other functions. Thanks for the interest though

bump

• Advertisement

le bump

Advertisement