Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boredom

• 04-03-2012 2:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

Gave up the ould smoking there last Thursday and didn't trust myself to go out boozing tonight as I know I'd let myself down after a few pints.

I think I've read, seen and listened to everything on the internet at this stage!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Have a baby. They take up loads of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Have a baby. They take up loads of time.
    And monies.

No thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Tugging !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Oh Christ lad, thank God I'm still smoking. I think its the only thing keeping me sane. I tried in vain to give up. Respect to ya for giving up. I was never one to bite my nails but now! ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You're going to have to go down the pub sometime.

Serious answer? Try here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=871

AH answer?
    Fap.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

charlemont wrote: »
    Tugging !!!

There's only so much wood you can tug before you get bored.

I presume we're talking boats here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Start a hobby. Preferably somewhere that smoking is forbidden so the demon cigarettes won't be a factor or temptation. Well done by the way. Really wish I could do the same.

Take up smoking. It's cheaper than having a baby & healthier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A Marlboro Red is hanging from my lips at the moment and its it pure sex. I could never give up smoking, but you did so fair play to ya man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

A Marlboro Red is hanging from my lips at the moment and its it pure sex. I could never give up smoking, but you did so fair play to ya man.
    Why could you never give up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why could you never give up?

I've tried and its always ended in failure, I've got to the stage now where I feel its something I enjoy and keeps me sane so why quit. I tend to not look too far into the future and potential health problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Drink lots and lots of alcohol. I use it to soften the blow whenever I try to quit :)

If I don't I seriously end up near a psychotic/nervous breakdown and hence why i have been unable to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I've tried and its always ended in failure, I've got to the stage now where I feel its something I enjoy and keeps me sane so why quit. I tend to not look too far into the future and potential health problems.

Good! Because it would frighten the b'jahsus out of ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I quit over a year ago. Trick is to not even think about it, mistake I made before was letting myself think about it and eventually convincing myself I was never gonna last so might as well have one.

Tried the old refusing to think about it at all trick and wore patches for 2 weeks and it was job done. Just went from being a smoker to being a non smoker.

Its great getting up in the morning not coughing your guts up. Still pretty bored though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

MungBean wrote: »
    Tried the old refusing to think about it at all trick and wore patches for 2 weeks and it was job done. Just went from being a smoker to being a non smoker.

Nice, fair play.

My housemate said he wore patches for 2 weeks and didn't need to smoke or even get the urge to. He just got drunk many times after this afer having a bit extra money in his wallet after not buying cigarettes but he unfortunatey took up smoking again in his drunken state.

I'm not a smoker, but your post has agreed with what my housemate said. So it seems that those nicotine patches seem to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Ennui. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Chew on tobacco :pac: You'll look tough, and probably only get mouth cancer rather than lung cancer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭me m

heroin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

me m wrote: »
    heroin ?

LAME. Get some of that fancy crystal meth that all the lads are doing these days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Fair play to you! I know how unbelievably tough it is – the constant urge to have a smoke, then remembering you don’t anymore, and subsequently feeling like ****, but hang in there.

There’s an Alan Carr dvd – you could prob find on the net somewhere its only about 20 mins long – but it’s good, it just shows people smoking & it looks so repulsive it’ll reinforce why you want to quit.

Other than that distraction is the best thing:

Sweat it out & get fit www.bodyrock.tv
    Take up some new hobbie or some sort of challenge for yourself – give you something else to focus on - http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement