Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loaning youngsters

Options
  • 04-03-2012 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Is it just me or does loaning youngsters do absoloutely nothing for them? I sent Giuseppe Prestia on a season long loan to a ligue 1 side where he got plenty of first team football and played well yet not a single stat changed, and I've noticed this with other players too. I have a bunch of great prospects and im not sure if I should send them off or not. Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's better than then sitting in your youth/reserve team. That'll only slow them down. Some players develop later than others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I always think it's better to send youngsters out on loan than have them playing reserve/youth football. The standard they play at will be much better.

Advertisement