Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Motion To Request More Specific Emoticons To Adequately Depict My Emotional State

• 04-03-2012 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

I think we are in dire need of more emoticons. I regularly find myself in a heated debate over the merits of the 32A's wine red suede curtains (which are just divine!:D) over that of the 32B's polyester chennile flame retardant carmine red (which is quite 2002 ugh!*) and I find myself searching for the 'superiorly sophisticated to yours, au courant, fashion tastes' emoticon to adequately depict my emotional state. But alas, to no avail. :(

I feel more emoticons could help the communication between posters, because so much of what we read has to be read without any inflection in a voice or change in the contraction or relaxation of muscles in the face and thus so much of what we read is interpretive, and some disagreements can be by a misunderstanding or miscommunication.

The emoticons I would suggest that I'm we are acutely lacking are:

1. A Black Power emoticon for greeting a brotha! (In solidarity).

2. That weird emotion where you feel slightly incestuous thoughts and you think, 'Noooo, BUT YEAH!'.

Ye know, that weird emotion where you feel turned on but disgusted at the same time but that just drives you on! That certainly needs it's own emoticon!

3. An emoticon for taking the piss out of the French.

4. An emoticon that adequately depicts my opinion on who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman.

If the mods do not comply with my wishes I shall strap dynamite to myself and blow up:
    1. A church

2. A hospital

3. And a primary school.
    Probably in that order.

Balls in your court MODS!

*I am also considering starting a website with the explicit intention of telling females what is fashionable. Sort of like a wiki so they don't have to worry any more. I'll be as powerful as Perez one day.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement