Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C on some nature shots

• 04-03-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey guys, these photos were all taken some years ago on a Nikon F55 with the kit lens and are all completely unedited. Please have a look, see what you think, and tell me what I'm doing right (if anything) and what I'm doing wrong. Cheers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5-lampsphotography/sets/72157604131340812/with/2338045339/

PS, sorry for the external link, but I can't get the images to show up on the post, I've followed the instructions in FAQ but I'm obviously still doing something wrong. . .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Hey guys, these photos were all taken some years ago on a Nikon F55 with the kit lens and are all completely unedited. Please have a look, see what you think, and tell me what I'm doing right (if anything) and what I'm doing wrong. Cheers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5-lampsphotography/sets/72157604131340812/with/2338045339/

PS, sorry for the external link, but I can't get the images to show up on the post, I've followed the instructions in FAQ but I'm obviously still doing something wrong. . .

Hey there. To me, these have the unedited-Irish-lanscape look in that the lighting is a little bland and things are somewhat washed out. This is something I really struggle with myself, as crisp, blue skies are a real rarity here. That said, some of the backlit shots of trees have potential...I don't think the effect has quite worked out, but you're not far off.

The select focus on the shot of the barge seems wrong; It'd have been better to blur the foliage here. On the whole, if you're going to shoot mid-day, I'd suggest finding better subject matter or shooting black and white. Alternatively, try visiting these places at dusk or dawn and tweaking compositions slightly (the shots of the bridge and the railway lines are a bit obvious).

Good work though, you should link to more of your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PogueMahone365

TelePaul wrote: »
    Hey there. To me, these have the unedited-Irish-lanscape look in that the lighting is a little bland and things are somewhat washed out. This is something I really struggle with myself, as crisp, blue skies are a real rarity here. That said, some of the backlit shots of trees have potential...I don't think the effect has quite worked out, but you're not far off.

The select focus on the shot of the barge seems wrong; It'd have been better to blur the foliage here. On the whole, if you're going to shoot mid-day, I'd suggest finding better subject matter or shooting black and white. Alternatively, try visiting these places at dusk or dawn and tweaking compositions slightly (the shots of the bridge and the railway lines are a bit obvious).

Good work though, you should link to more of your stuff.

Cool, thanks! :)

Here's one I took in Bali, I guess the angle could be better, to fit in the last dragon better and crop out some of the wall at the front. Any thoughts on the lighting? Is it better or worse with people in it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5-lampsphotography/3161433109/in/set-72157629500490435/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenso

I love the one of the rail tracks and the boat they are great shots. Not so fussed on the guiness bridge but thats just me, think it plain not alot of depth to it. But I mean the others are great.

Advertisement