Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review my site and blog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Good idea for a site but I think the design needs a lot of work. There are a bunch of issues that I can see;

The blog and site look completely different. The blog should fit in with the main site's design so the user knows they're associated. Otherwise with a bunch of tabs open it's easy to forget.

The "Submit" button should read "Search".

The Levels should be put in chronological order. ie > Junior Cert > Leaving Cert > College

I would drop that big block of ads. You're not going to earn anything from clicks for a long time, and visual hindrances like that are going to keep the site from becoming popular enough to earn anything from clicks.

The footer links should be at the bottom of the page.

Many of the colours are of poor contrast and the text is hard to read.

etc.

Overall there needs to be a lot more attention paid to the design. Think less is more...the page is so cluttered, text absolutely everywhere, and not much empty space to bring prominence to the most important parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

Homepage could do with a bit more info pointing out the main reasons(s) to use this site like an "eyecatcher" and the usp.

Advertisement