Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build issues - no information in monitor

Options
  • 04-03-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So i finally got my new build all put together after some other minor hardware legacy issues and now when i turn it on i don't get anything on the screen. It sounds like everything is booting up fine and there is power going to the motherboard and video card and monitor. Checked the connections from the motherboard to the video card and also from the video card to the monitor. all seem fine. Not sure what else to check, any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Change the PCI-E slot and try again. Also a silly one but make sure the connectors are tight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

suppafly wrote: »
    So i finally got my new build all put together after some other minor hardware legacy issues and now when i turn it on i don't get anything on the screen. It sounds like everything is booting up fine and there is power going to the motherboard and video card and monitor. Checked the connections from the motherboard to the video card and also from the video card to the monitor. all seem fine. Not sure what else to check, any help appreciated :)

4/8 pin moterboard/cpu cable
    20/24 pin motherboard cable
    6/8 pin graphics card cables

Are all of the above definitely connected? What motherboard are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Checked the lights on the back of the gfx card and there is a green light on it. The gfx card works fine as i had it running before i had to switch out the cd-rom drive as it had a ribbon cable for power that my motherboard no longer supported so i had to get a sata one. That's why i think it may just be some loose cables are cables in the wrong spot maybe. But i check them all to see that they were plugged in right

The motherboard is an Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3, Intel Z68, S 115 and the gfx card is a geforce 280gtx 1GB

Advertisement