Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour Surveillance Camera at Aldi on 8 March €60, Any good?

Options
  • 04-03-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone think this camera could be useful for some kind of home security?
    http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_20913.htm
    Colour Surveillance Camera
    each €59.99

Indoor or outdoor use.

Colour image transmission by day, Black and White at night
    Night vision up to 18m
    Includes: channel receiver, AC adaptors for camera/receiver, A/V cable, fitting instructions
    24 infrared LEDs
    Water resistant IPGs

My first reaction is that it doesn't seem to have any data storage along with it and no details as to how it outputs what it records other than sending it to the reciever.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Vey little information given. I would guess its not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I suppose if you have €60 and are curious and into gadgets might be worth purchasing.
    I reckon its only for residental use though, it does not appear to offer recording.....well for that price, I would not expect it to.
    Looking at it, I am thinking, the camera transmits the image to the black box alongside it ( as in on the ad). The box is then connected to your telly via a scart lead.
    Bear in mind though a cable will need to be ran to the camera to provide power to it.
    Just be aware, i noticed it can provide an audio output for recording- a legal minefield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I wouldnt go near it. Most likely it will interfere with your wifi along with your neighbours like the wireless one i bought in B&Q . If you want an affordable wireless camera look at swanns digital wireless range in Argos. They claim that it wont affect your other wireless devices nor will it be affected by them.. + it has some sort of recording

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Unless your willing to spend a few quid on wire free I would give it a miss.
    A cabled camera to your television will offer better value, as has being pointed out here you will still need to get a cable to the camera for power.

Advertisement