Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to source PS3 parts?

• 04-03-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya folks,
    Just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on which etailer(Or Irish based would be even better) for PS3 parts?
    Specifically a complete KES/KEM 410 drive(I have the original drives PCB) and a ribbon cable?
    The drive on my newly unbricked waninkoko brick CechC03 :D just died :( after making a series of horrible grinding noises!

Any opinions on places people have used previously will be much appreciated ;)
    Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I have a drive that I pulled from a 60gig console that I destroyed doing chip lifts attempting to establish a BGA reflow profile.
    I dont know much about ps3 myself but its on my adverts profile if its any use to you

Dont know much about the drives history but the guy I bought the ps3 from said he had the laser in the drive replaced 2 months before the console got ylod.
    So it should be a fairly good drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a drive that I pulled from a 60gig console that I destroyed doing chip lifts attempting to establish a BGA reflow profile.
    I dont know much about ps3 myself but its on my adverts profile if its any use to you

Dont know much about the drives history but the guy I bought the ps3 from said he had the laser in the drive replaced 2 months before the console got ylod.
    So it should be a fairly good drive

Thanks Jim, but your ad implies its the Single Laser?
    Is that right?
    I need the twin laser unfortunately.

havnt a clue what it is myself.
    I'll crack it open and have a look for you

Its a single laser unfortunately :(

Its a single laser unfortunately :(

No problem mate, thanks a million for checking!
    It would have been sweet to have had a local pick up too as I see your location is Limerick too! haha

• Advertisement

I managed to get a new Ribbon cable on Fleabay :)
    And my brother has a dead CECH-C that happened to have the drive I needed :)
    Happy days! LOL

Advertisement