Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

current a/c that's free to use abroad, including UK?!

• 04-03-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi gang,

i travel a lot with work and notice that I am incurring major charges when withdrawing cash in the uk?!

i am with bank of Ireland and thought that they offer free banking all over europe, but maybe its just in the euro zone?

i have just been withdrawing cash from various different banks, but assumed that all withdrawals are free, allowing for the exchange rate of course

anyone experience something similar?

if someone knows of a bank or even an online bank that offers free banking, would love to hear of it!

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

BoI offer free UK ATM withdrawals at UK Post Office branches.

BoI supply banking services to the UK Post Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You're right - it's only in Eurozone countries that there are no additional charges. As above, however, BOI customers have fee free access to the UK Post Office network. Ulster Bank customers can use RBS/Natwest machines without charge also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

thanks for letting me know, had i known that about the post offices, id a saved a fair bit already.

thanks for that dude!

Advertisement