Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Gun show, Citywest, 10-11th Mar.

Options
  • 04-03-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Heads up on the Sporting Gun show on in Citywest next weekend.
    Details here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Heads up on the Sporting Gun show on in Citywest next weekend.
    Details here

Didnt make it to it last year but heard the shooting part wasnt great. might give it a go this year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The shooting aspect of the show, i hope, will build over time. I haven't made it to one yet, but will hope to get to this one.

I mean the country fair was the show to go to every year, and i regularly travelled to the one in the North, but over recent years it has gone to the dogs, with shooting becoming a tiny aspect to such an extent i didn't bother with the one last year.

Obviously money is a big issue, and if a show can encourage vendors with decent fees for stands, ease of access, etc then they should grow over the years.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Waste of money from being at it the last 2 years! Complete joke for and having sporting gun show wrote on the website. Last year they had 2 stands with less gear than I have in the car. CGI hobbies from celebridge were there with a total of dozen items, they had a long lead which was illumunious and they wanted 125e for it. Not sure of the other stall but there was a fishing stall that had cheap fox callers and dummies for the dogs for a fiver.....<mod snip>, it's a shame as the venue would be ideal for dog seminars with the 2 lakes and they have alot space for stalls .

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

I was there last year and unless you are into fishing it is a complete waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I was there last year a waste of time, I for one won't be going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I worked at a gun and rod expo at the dog show center in swords about 8 years ago, was loads of shooting stuff there, but this was way before i was into shooting, is this still on or anything like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

rgugliel wrote: »
    I worked at a gun and rod expo at the dog show center in swords about 8 years ago, was loads of shooting stuff there, but this was way before i was into shooting, is this still on or anything like it?
    i worked at that one too it was the first one of its kind and would have been a great yearly event for shooters but it just went severely downhill after that aiming it soley at fishermen,
    i remember the year after i went to the next one expecting the same only to see the only decent stand was ardee sports upstairs away from the rest of the trade stands with a big sign on the door saying "traders only",

.243 wrote: »
    i worked at that one too it was the first one of its kind and would have been a great yearly event for shooters but it just went severely downhill after that aiming it soley at fishermen,
    i remember the year after i went to the next one expecting the same only to see the only decent stand was ardee sports upstairs away from the rest of the trade stands with a big sign on the door saying "traders only",

It was great, there was even holiday companies there with African hunting trips, the midlands range had a stand there, just remember there was loads of gun's and plenty of camo stuff for sale, was doing private security due to there being threats of attack from animal rights groups, it was even big enough to get there feathers ruffled :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have done a slight clean up of the thread, and removed a couple of posts.

There is an assumption that Ardee sports would have been the only stand there, and this asumption turned into "fact". Unless we hear from Ardee sports or ANY company for that matter saying they will definitely be at this event then its best to keep speculation or assumptions off the thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Spoke to one of the hooked live PR team and ardee sports will not be there. There 2 rfd stands, nargc will have a stand with a shooting simulator and are doing 2 seminars. Also going to be other companys selling gun/hunting related stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Anyone go today? Was it worth the trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

i'd like to know too, i was considering a trip up there tomorrow

cushcam wrote: »
    i'd like to know too, i was considering a trip up there tomorrow

Same as myself lad if it's not worth it id rather save myself a trip and the money.
    Anyone go?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Lads this is a game fishing show,and a good one at that,i think the shooting thing was a bit of an after taught,theirs a web site with a list of stands i think.

Lads this is a game fishing show,and a good one at that,i think the shooting thing was a bit of an after taught,theirs a web site with a list of stands i think.

Cheers lad, I'm into fishing an all but I was mainly going for the shooting. Thanks for saving me the trip.

Advertisement