Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run for it

• 04-03-2012 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭

New runner, have been walking to try and lose a little weight (six months) and walking only 20k weekly, Last two weeks started running and am finding it very enjoyable, I'm timing by my ipod and its internal pedometer so its a fairly rough estimate for distance and time but its good enough for now and I've calculated using Mcmillan running, I'd like to do some racing eventually 5k maybe.

Last week
    Mon-Fri
    morning walk 3.5k
    evening run 3.5k/T25:15/Pkm7:50
    Sat/Sun rest

Next week
    morning run 3.5k Pkm 9:48-10:25
    evening run 3.5k Pkm 10:25-10:44
    (I'm going to change my rest days to Mon/Fri)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Well that was short lived,
    I should of took more notice of the knee pain when going down stairs and shouldn't of run on it, I thought it was just stiffness now its really painful to walk, bend down etc. so I'm going to have to stay off my feet and let it heal as much as possible, got the voltarol, knee support and the glucasamine I'm hoping a couple of days and then start strengthening exercises and a bit of walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Finally mostly pain free now enough to start the strengthening exercises,
    Still taking the glucosamine don't need the volterol anymore took a lot longer to heal than I thought it would gonna build up slowly this time.
    I'm using some of the exercises in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3jS0VEDqOw

Advertisement