Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Lenihan walk Aughrim.

• 04-03-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

This is near where I live. What used to be lovely trails are being reconstructed. There was some trail damage in recent winter's due to flood waters but does that mean they needed to demolish pretty much every tree:mad: They've replanted but it'll take years before it is restored to anything like its natural self.

Also, the forest trail leading up to Cushbawn hill has been resurfaced with a rocky aggregate which is pretty awful. Its big stones and no effort has been made to flatten it. Running on it today I nearly twisted my ankle.

6805919322_2f928bbf6c_z.jpg

The new boardwalk is sturdy and looks well. However, its too narrow. Could 2 prams pass each other? It also has some hard right angles which could have been avoided.
    6805922048_8e613e92db_z.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

People often get so used to having the trees around, that they forget forestry is a crop - which will be harvested at some point.

Advertisement