Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry and Biology experiments

• 04-03-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

I have just looked through the past papers for chem and Bio and the experiments asked tend to differ from year to year.There are quite a lot of experiments and I feel I may need to answer all three in chem :( My organic is not the best so need to be covered :/
    Does anyone have any tips in studying these experiments coz even just looking at the titration there are ALOT!!

The biology arent too bad but the chemistry are difficult enough.Please if any has any tips overall for the questions that tend to be asked and the experiment I would be very grateful :D

Btw Im aiming for a B3/B2 in both :D Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

You can use this site to help with revision for any part of the Chemistry course, http://www.ichemistry.ie/resources/.
    You can login as a guest, I'll PM you the enrollment password. In particular you may find the summary of titrations pdf useful. Go to section 4, then titrations, and at the bottom of the page you'll find it. Once you see it you'll realise how similar all of the titrations are. Methods for filling burette/pipette doesn't change most of the time, stoppering and inverting at the end etc. The nine titration experiments can be learned well once you're sure what chemical goes in the burette/pipette/conical flask, the colour change and indicator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Omg thank you so much :D Much appreciated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

could you pm pass also by any chance?

I am an external student studying just chem and biology, seems like a handy extra resource.. I have to cover the entire course in the next 3 months from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

You can use this site to help with revision for any part of the Chemistry course, http://www.ichemistry.ie/resources/.
    You can login as a guest, I'll PM you the enrollment password. In particular you may find the summary of titrations pdf useful. Go to section 4, then titrations, and at the bottom of the page you'll find it. Once you see it you'll realise how similar all of the titrations are. Methods for filling burette/pipette doesn't change most of the time, stoppering and inverting at the end etc. The nine titration experiments can be learned well once you're sure what chemical goes in the burette/pipette/conical flask, the colour change and indicator.

Could you mail me the enrollment password too? That would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Would it be possible for you to also PM me the password please? :) *Hopeful Face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

For anyone who would like the password, fire a PM my way in case I don't see your post ITT. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Teaistheonlyjob

For anyone who would like the password, fire a PM my way in case I don't see your post ITT. :)

Is the password still up for grabs? Will send u a PM! (hopeful face also!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 the gardog!!

Will u send me a PM please! (Hopeful face)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Hi could you pm me password too, thanks a million

Advertisement