Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contracted Tendons

• 04-03-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

A neighbor had a hugh LM bull calf Fri morning that presented with the head only and both legs bent backwards. After a long battle the calf was delivered but the calf cant stand and is been feed by tube. The two front legs are bent backwards, and advise would be welcome.
    Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I'd put him lying across a small bale with his legs down in front. Restrain the cow and get him drinking this way aswell. Better than stomach tubing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

A neighbor had a hugh LM bull calf Fri morning that presented with the head only and both legs bent backwards. After a long battle the calf was delivered but the calf cant stand and is been feed by tube. The two front legs are bent backwards, and advise would be welcome.
    Tks
    Pakalasa is spot on about the feeding. The legs will straighten up in a few weeks but he should be able to stand in a few days. The hocks will be the last to straighten up but hopefully he will be well able to feed himself by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

If ever a calf is going to be troublesome it'll be a great big calf!

I would agree with above. Get him up one way or another and sucking. Get him standind and using the legs as best he can, even manipulation of the legs I think helps them limber up.
    The last lad we had with it is motoring well now, but it took a while. I think the vet had him on Rapidexon for a while to free him up.

Advertisement