Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

application for silencer

Options
  • 04-03-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

i am thinking of getting an application for a silencer.Got a licence about 3 months ago but never ticked the box.Now i have a .17 and am finding it very loud.

Did anyone here apply for one afterwards and if so did yee just drop in a letter to the station stating the reasons why it was needed or did you fill up the whole fca1 form including getting references,places to shoot and photos etc again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

gearoidol wrote: »
    i am thinking of getting an application for a silencer.Got a licence about 3 months ago but never ticked the box.Now i have a .17 and am finding it very loud.

Did anyone here apply for one afterwards and if so did yee just drop in a letter to the station stating the reasons why it was needed or did you fill up the whole fca1 form including getting references,places to shoot and photos etc again

I believe and I stand to be corrected, as you did not apply the first time it is another 80 euro for to get the 's' on the licence

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

correct deerhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Heard that too. It's a shame to be paying 80euro again. It's an easy mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 39 josh79

pop down to your fire arms officer and see what he/she can do for you? he may be able to amend it and apply for a duplicate license.
    Or maybe give you a letter from the super to cover it

Advertisement