Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert subject choice. HELP!

Options
  • 04-03-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Okay so I am in 4th year at the moment and our ty year head wants us to start thinking about subject choices only I have no clue what so ever!
    I don't know what I am going to do when I leave school so for now I am just going to take the subjects I like most.
    I am thinking: (obviously irish, maths, english and german) geography, biology, business and home-ec all I have taken in junior cert although I didn't open a book for science :confused:
    If ANYONE can help me by running through which subjects I will need to work most at and which one I should cancel out (I'm only choosing 3) it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Good plan taking subjects you like.

Geography, Biology and Home Economics complement each other quite well. There is some cross over between the syllabi and if you already like these subjects you will approach them in the right mindset. There is quite an amount of information to be learned in them, but the right attitude will make that easier.

If you really don't like science subjects, I suppose leave Biology and do Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 david cost

You are best to do a science subject incase u decide to do a course that requires it in college which many do also stick with a language because u have to have it to get in to nearly all uni's.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

david cost wrote: »
    You are best to do a science subject incase u decide to do a course that requires it in college which many do also stick with a language because u have to have it to get in to nearly all uni's.

thats not entirely true

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sarahm1994

I would recommend Biology! I'm in Leaving Cert now and Biology hasn't been my favourite subject to study, but it is my favourite exam. It's so predictable, you just have to learn off what's in the book and you'll do well. If you have a good teacher and are ok at learning lists of slightly boring stuff then you could do really well! :) It is also useful knowledge (about the body and stuff). Hope that helps!

Advertisement