Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size 10 Footwear in Limerick

• 04-03-2012 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are size 10 shoes/runners like gold dust in Limerick. I remember around 6 months ago having severe difficulty finding runners in size 10. Had to visit every Elvery's and Lifestyle branch before eventually picking up a pair in Arthur's Quay. Took me weeks for what should have been a simple task.

Similarly, I'm now trying to pick up a pair of size 10 converse but to no avail. The choice of shops in Limerick that even sell converse or converse imitation brands is very limited. Greenes, Leahy Shoes and River Island are the only places I could find that stock the right type, but no size 10. I love the way the sales assistants just tell you they don't have them in a sort of "now please f*uck off" way. There is never an offer of "we can order them in" or "sorry for failing to adequately stock a common shoe size". What the hell am I supposed to do? Its not like size 10 is some extremely obscure, abnormally large or small shoe size. Most lads of my average weight and height would be a size 9-11 so are all these stores just refusing to serve a huge percentage of the market?

What a first world problem I have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Schuh and Whacky Shoes also stock them.

I have the same problem with size 9. I think 9 and 10 would be about the most popular size for men so its understandable. Happens everywhere not just Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Jofspring wrote: »
    Schuh and Whacky Shoes also stock them.

I have the same problem with size 9. I think 9 and 10 would be about the most popular size for men so its understandable. Happens everywhere not just Limerick.

Actually ya, I didn't mean for the post to be an attack on Limerick, had the same problem in Galway. But being the most popular size, you'd think they'd be well stocked. Thanks for the suggestions, didn't think of them, will pop in during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Schuh will order stuff in for you if it's not in stock, they did it for me before and it was in in a couple of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I work in a shoe shop in town and I can honestly say we nearly always have 9 and 10s. They're the most common size and when one ten is sold, another one is delivered the next day or two to replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

LucyLouLou wrote: »
    Schuh will order stuff in for you if it's not in stock, they did it for me before and it was in in a couple of days

+1 for Schuh, good quick delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Buying football boots in a size 12 is a similar problem. /sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

feckin show off! :p:D

i just keep telling myself "size eight is great", no problem finding shoes here... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

You all think you have it bad? Try sourcing a size 13 :(. Whacky shoes seem to be my only option these days, and even then the choices are hugely limited.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have size 14 feet, I would love to be able to walk into a shop to buy shoes, I either have to buy them online or in the States any time I'm over there.

And, it is true what they say about men with big feet......... they have big socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Limerick Sports Store, William St,

will have large sizes or order them for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

lperrozzi wrote: »
    You all think you have it bad? Try sourcing a size 13 :(. Whacky shoes seem to be my only option these days, and even then the choices are hugely limited.
    Clareman wrote: »
    I have size 14 feet, I would love to be able to walk into a shop to buy shoes, I either have to buy them online or in the States any time I'm over there.

And, it is true what they say about men with big feet......... they have big socks

I feel your pain lads.

Although Timberland in town can be good for sizes 12 to 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You are a size 12? Must be a touch of the Hank McCoy (non hirsute version)about you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I'm a size 10 and never have a problem getting footwear in limerick!
    Unless you are looking for womens shoes in a 10....That might be hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

Kelly's in the Crescent stock Converse and do special orders for regular customers. I ordered two pairs for my other half and her sister on Friday and picked them up yesterday. I'm sure if you ask they'll sort you out. Am pretty sure they offer a similar service for large sizes as well, will find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

BESman wrote: »
    Is it just me or are size 10 shoes/runners like gold dust in Limerick. I remember around 6 months ago having severe difficulty finding runners in size 10. Had to visit every Elvery's and Lifestyle branch before eventually picking up a pair in Arthur's Quay. Took me weeks for what should have been a simple task.

If you'd only asked for tackies, you'd have been sorted in no time.;)

Advertisement