Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/Weird ads from PS2 era

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Nice, hadn't seen most of those ads.

Believe this was from PS2 era, but I stand to be corrected.

Was trying to find another advert were a young girl steps through a mirror, before coming back out demonic. Believe an Irish company made the ad and it was for a particular game, rather than for a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I spent 15 minutes trying to find the Irish (and UK I guess) TV advert for Final Fantasy 10 but can't.

It was really good (I specifically remember it was on between matches during the 2002 World Cup - god what a summer!)

EDIT: I did, however, find this:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    EDIT: I did, however, find this:

Haha, that was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    Haha, that was brilliant.

Its one of those times I just want to thank my own post!

Theres a couple of FF coke ads in Japan so when I clicked on it I thought there was a chance it was genuine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's taken from Spoony Experiments beat down of FFVIII. If you haven't watched his FFVIII review series I suggest you do, it's hilarious. He also has a great review series of videos for FFX and FFX-2.

As for those PS1/PS2 era adverts, I always hated them. I prefer the ads were they actually show the games, there's nothing there to get excited about. The SNES era Nintendo ads were by far the best for me. Really made me wish I owned one and not a Megadrive all because they showed all the amazing games for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's taken from Spoony Experiments beat down of FFVIII. If you haven't watched his FFVIII review series I suggest you do, it's hilarious. He also has a great review series of videos for FFX and FFX-2.

As for those PS1/PS2 era adverts, I always hated them. I prefer the ads were they actually show the games, there's nothing there to get excited about. The SNES era Nintendo ads were by far the best for me. Really made me wish I owned one and not a Megadrive all because they showed all the amazing games for it.

I guess I see what you are saying, but I'm just admiring their novelty and uniqueness, which has it's own draw for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

David Lynch's PS2 ad...crappy pointless trivia: Lynch intended it to be in colour, but it was only ever broadcast in b&w, afaik

The original, banned UK ad for the Xbox:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

that xbox one is cool

Advertisement