Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire seal between semi detached timber frame houses

• 04-03-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I am starting to top up my attic insulation .before i do that I want to fill in a 1/2"-3/4" gap between the roof and the top of the block party wall with an appropriate fire seal. Bought the house recently enough and was told it would be in my best interest to do this. I'm wondering what is the approriate fire seal to use. I see woodies sell a product called (wait for it) 'Fire Seal'. It says on their website it's for boilers stoves, firplaces etc..Just wonderig will it do the job though. Hilti sell a product called CP 620 Expanding fire seal but apart from their website I don't know where to get this. Probably Chadwicks or good builder providers. Does anyone have any handy information about fire seals (price, where to buy, ease of installation) . thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

For bigger gaps you usually use fire rated rockwool, but for such a small gap I think you can get fire rated expanding foam in a can.

Advertisement