Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Karma ever come back to bite you?

• 04-03-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Do you think Karma exists, or has it ever come back to bite you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Karma is a crutch for weak people

Unfortunately oftentimes, nice people get walked over and ruthless bastards get ahead

No point wishing for karma, wish for revenge instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Its not really something I keep track of. Sure I do good things and bad things, but I dont attribute future happenings to them etc.
    I dont particularly believe in it or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

In before Johnny Foreigner dodges Karma:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

One time we brought karma to the
    Local quarry and threw her into the quarry pit. The next day she returned and bit me on the ass.

It was then I realised that calling my dog karma was asking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I think karma is a bit like a self fulfilling prophecy, in that if you feel you've done something wrong the guilt will come back and bite ye. Also if you're just plain a ****, eventually others will be a **** right back to ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No, if it did, i'd have won the lottery ten times over by now.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Yes, but her name wasnt karma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yes, my sister used to say her son had ADHD but I said it didn't exist and she was just a sh*t parent...now I have it.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I had a Korma the other night and it burned on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I had a Korma the other night and it burned on the way out

OUCH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yes, my sister used to say her son had ADHD but I said it didn't exist and she was just a sh*t parent...now I have it.:mad:

Don't feel too bad, at least you got to finish the sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

I don’t know what to make of the concept of karma really. What goes around comes around, so any time something sh*t unfair, bad or unlucky happens to you, it’s not just life then, it’s really karma coming back to bite you? Hardly.

Especially when someone has done something to you, all your friends rally round and give the supportive words of ‘what goes around comes around’ – yet if that’s true, then something is now coming around to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Yes, i was drunk one nite and refused to wear a johnny, now i have a 4 month old baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My karma ran over my dogma & killed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Poor name for a Dog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

In school (about 5 years ago), we thought it did.

1) I elbowed a friend who was slagging me while we were walking and she slid on a patch of mud and fell on her arse - a few minutes later in PE, I got my ankle caught in a climbing frame and landed on my arse.

2) Same friend joked that she was gonna throw a chair at me, then mimed throwing it... and hit herself in the head with it.

3) Another friend didn't have her throat blessed on St. Blaise's Day and that same night got something caught in her throat while eating and needed medical treatment.

It was probably all coincidence, but as that all happened with a couple of weeks, we were convinced Karma was out to get us :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

When I was about nine years old our class used to go swimming every week. One day after we had finished swimming I was in the changing room on my own. I saw a bag of Tayto on the bench. Thinking it would be funny to destroy someones crisps I threw them on the floor and stepped on them. I then realised they were mine.

I'm not sure if that was karma or stupidity. :(

Advertisement