Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Sony AC Power Adaptor cable?

• 04-03-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Got a gift at Christmas, a set of Sony Wireless headphones, same ones as seen here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-RF810RK-RF-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B003I5W7UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330885849&sr=8-1

Anyways, about a week later the cat chewed the power cable that goes from the electrical socket to the docking station for the headphones.

I've searched for a replacement, but the official Sony ones are ridiculous prices, and I bought an AC adaptor off eBay with several different connections, but they don't fit; it seems to be a sony-specific port.

Is there any way to repair this cable cheaply or easily? I'm at my wits end, as buying a Sony adaptor will literally cost twice as much as a new set of headphones, and I can't get a replacement.

Anyone able to advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hey all.

Got a gift at Christmas, a set of Sony Wireless headphones, same ones as seen here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-RF810RK-RF-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B003I5W7UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330885849&sr=8-1

Anyways, about a week later the cat chewed the power cable that goes from the electrical socket to the docking station for the headphones.

I've searched for a replacement, but the official Sony ones are ridiculous prices, and I bought an AC adaptor off eBay with several different connections, but they don't fit; it seems to be a sony-specific port.

Is there any way to repair this cable cheaply or easily? I'm at my wits end, as buying a Sony adaptor will literally cost twice as much as a new set of headphones, and I can't get a replacement.

Anyone able to advise?

This type of repair is usually easy enough, i have often done it by cutting out the damaged part and soldering and heat shrinking the cable.

Can you take a half decent photo of the damaged area?

Advertisement