Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woeful lack of talent on the voice of Ireland

• 04-03-2012 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Wow, is this lot really the best that Ireland has to offer, oh and that blonde doing the really bad Marilyn Monroe shimmy, eat something, like seriously.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

that cathrine thomas one isnt bad, in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

She's a protestant! :eek:

Source:Knew a guy that went out with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its an improvement on the kind of sh1te we were subjected to on the All Ireland Talent Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Wow, is this lot really the best that Ireland has to offer, oh and that blonde doing the really bad Marilyn Monroe shimmy, eat something, like seriously.
    Don't fucking watch it, then. That's what people that aren't retarded do.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Thought the small lad had a great voice.............future star of the "country 'n' Irish' genre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

She looks like she lives in a wind tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I haven't seen it at all but a few people have told me there are several lovely singers on it ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's not the best Ireland has to offer, it's the best that they can convince to go on tripe like this and leave their fate up to teens with mobiles who wouldn't know talent if it arrived right in front of them.

EDIT : with a sign that said "TLNT" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Sindri wrote: »

Bet she stole The Relic

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    ...and leave their fate up to teens with mobiles who wouldn't know talent if it arrived right in front of them.
    And Brian Kennedy. Don't forget Brian Kennedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Then don't watch it..DUH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

. . . , like seriously.

OMG ! no way.

El Weirdo wrote: »

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

From what i saw, the wannabe singers are more talented than the judges.

Who?
    Apologies. I believe his actual name is Brian Fucking Kennedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know what you're talking about. Is this some TV show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Archeron wrote: »
    She looks like she lives in a wind tunnel.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3313274/Dwarf-James-Nesbitt-to-get-in-The-Hobbit.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

lividduck wrote: »
    Then don't watch it..DUH

I don't normally watch it, I've got flu and therefore nothing better to do other than watch this crap. Makes me feel better slagging off talentless fools and shallow third rate celebrities. It's so bad I actually feel a bit grubby watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I heard some woman called O'Loughlin singing a song, and it sounded like someone in pain moaning at the bottom of a mineshaft. The judges thought she was great though, which is the main thing.:(

Apologies. I believe his actual name is Brian Fucking Kennedy.

Agh, yes of course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

lividduck wrote: »
    Then don't watch it..DUH

I don't normally watch it, I've got flu and therefore nothing better to do other than watch this crap. Makes me feel better slagging off talentless fools and shallow third rate celebrities. It's so bad I actually feel a bit grubby watching it.

I'm watching a different channel that doesn't have rubbish on.....is your remote broken ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Did you see the picture of her in the Herald on Friday evening? :eek:

Sweet jaysis.... :pac::cool:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'm watching a different channel that doesn't have rubbish on.....is your remote broken ?

No the remote is fine, I was worried that the flu was affecting my senses but I just turned off Fair City so it can't have caused too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

galwayrush wrote: »
    From what i saw, the wannabe singers are more talented than the judges.

More talented than Kian Egan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭CroatoanCat

No talent, you say? Sweet Christ that Bressie is an unbelievable ride. My bean practically flicked itself just watching him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I havent watched it but surely it cant be as bad as the all irelands got **** all talent show??

There was a marching band on that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Dr Expired

Sindri wrote: »

A prod with chubby thighs and that feck'in 'shocked' look she always has on her face.

I meant the blonde singer. There was a clip of her droning on about not having enough time to go to the gym as she has kids. She looks like an anorexic. Her chin is so pointed she could probably use it as an icepick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Haha, I can't beleive people still watch RTE and the insufferable load of pig manure they churn out as broadcasting. Utter tripe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I meant the blonde singer. There was a clip of her droning on about not having enough time to go to the gym as she has kids. She looks like an anorexic. Her chin is so pointed she could probably use it as an icepick.

She's the one I mentioned earlier, and "droning on" pretty much covered her singing as well.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

biko wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about. Is this some TV show?

No, its on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

My bean practically flicked itself just watching him.

Right. I`m off to bed with THAT picture in my mind. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Best RTE talent show yet. Some very good voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

I've been following this show for the last few weeks. and after tonight, it's confirmed, RTE can NOT do live broadcasts. These singers have been unreal in the blind auditions, and the battles, but tonight was just cringy.
    The band were terrible with no real presence to the music and the singers all sounded out of key. ALL of them. They cant ALL be out of key without some help! It was very disappointing because i was looking forward to seeing the live shows :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Fran1985 wrote: »
    I've been following this show for the last few weeks. and after tonight, it's confirmed, RTE can NOT do live broadcasts. These singers have been unreal in the blind auditions, and the battles, but tonight was just cringy.
    The band were terrible with no real presence to the music and the singers all sounded out of key. ALL of them. They cant ALL be out of key without some help! It was very disappointing because i was looking forward to seeing the live shows :(

I agree. The problem with all of RTE's live talent shows is the band. Why can't they arrange for the singers to sing to a backing track like they do in the UK or American shows? It would improve the performances 100%.

The band always makes the people sound like some dodgy wedding singers....seriously cringe stuff.

In saying all that, I thought the little guy Ritchie, Pat Byrne and Conor Quinn were fantastic. Also why did Brian not keep the Fair City guy - Ryan O'Shaughnessy??? He was clearly in a completely different league to Sinead Fox, who I thought sang badly. Are RTE pissed off at Ryan or something for leaving Fair City??

Ps Bressie is just utterly perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Actual talented people won't go on it probably due to the abuse they will get in forums like this. Can't have it both ways OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Big step down in quality last night due to it being Live.
    All previous weeks hove been pre-recorded so the audio has gone through post production.
    RTE have obviously decided not to use auto-tune since the X-Factor got pulled up on it so all that glitters is not gold.
    The judges saying someone was fantastic when they clearly weren't didn't help either.
    A few of them didn't even have a decent in-tune 10 second slot to show in the recap for the votes.

I agree. The problem with all of RTE's live talent shows is the band. Why can't they arrange for the singers to sing to a backing track like they do in the UK or American shows? It would improve the performances 100%.
    This. This is what is wrong with the viewing/listening public nowadays. They've been fed so much Cowell-produced, manufactured bull**** that they think that being able to sing along to a backing track while autotuned to the bollocks, means that you have talent.

*sigh*
    The band always makes the people sound like some dodgy wedding singers....seriously cringe stuff.
    Maybe that's because, you know, the singers don't have any actual talent?
    Ps Bressie is just utterly perfect.
    Go back to bed, America Ireland. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators Voice of Ireland. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I couldn't get over the "bedlam" in the social media hub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I knew Garry before he was Gari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Go back to bed, America Ireland. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators Voice of Ireland. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America Ireland.

Terrifhick comment ;)

Terrifhick comment ;)
    I see what you did there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jaseo

I thought Kathryn Thomas's intro would never end. She went on and on and
    by the time she finished I wondered if there was enough time for any singing. Sharon Corr's contestant Vanessa is someone I am looking forward to seeing. When is Kian going to bring on his ten instruments and play a bit of Mozart or do as good a performance as Vanessa Mae on the violin or James Galway on the flute? Now that would be a bit of a ratings winner, rte, take note!

What I find silly is that there is the claim that the contestants are blindly chosen by the judges. Which is the point of them not being able to see the contestants at the beginning of the show. But it soon goes back to the same format of judges having to choose the most attractive contestants from their group. We all know the entertainment industry revolves around glamour and image. Shallow as that business is, it is how it operates. It will always be so, so long as someone has the right look and they can lip sync. The record company is probably happy as long as the artist is making them money. The entertainment industry is littered with people with talent but sadly not enough looks to please the shallow market they're aimed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GoldDustWoman

I'll take your word for it that they are atrocious, OP. I have never watched it and don't intend to inflict it upon myself anytime soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭vixdname

Brian Kennedy is a F*****G jumped up twat.
    He has a mediocre voice but carries on like hes lord (or lady) muck.
    The state of the bollix on Come Dine With Me, he needs a good kicking, NOT because he's gay, before anyone jumps in, but simply because of the way he talks to some of the contestants, ignorant nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I want to punch bressy in the ****ing head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

EASYNEWS wrote: »
    Best RTE talent show yet. Some very good voices.
    That's like saying Pol Pot had the nicest mass-murdering totalitarian communist regime of the 20th century. Not false per se, but there's definitely something very off about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

This. This is what is wrong with the viewing/listening public nowadays. They've been fed so much Cowell-produced, manufactured bull**** that they think that being able to sing along to a backing track while autotuned to the bollocks, means that you have talent.

*sigh*

Maybe that's because, you know, the singers don't have any actual talent?

Christ, fair play for coming up with a decent reply to that. I kept trying to do it myself, but there's so much wrong in so few sentences that I kept getting a pain in my head every time I looked at it and I'd have to turn away from my monitor.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement