Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Street Models and Refilling?

Options
  • 04-03-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I note that there are a growing number of ecigarttes being sold in shops in my area. I also note from my visits to local shops that they are being bought. The ones I've come across are in my local shop are Jasper & Jasper and Greensmoke, which I have tried for research purposes. In addition to the disposables, shops are now also offering rechargeable versions, with prefilled cartomizers, which I do think will help vaping become more "mainstream".

No fiddling about, just screw on the prefilled cartomizer to a charged battery & vape. I am primarily an Ego user myself, with an assortment of attachments.

Apart from the 2 I've mentioned above, do you know of other brands being sold in the High Street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

achieve wrote: »
    In addition to the disposables, shops are now also offering rechargeable versions, with prefilled cartomizers, which I do think will help vaping become more "mainstream".

I hope so, i have not seen one person in Bray with an electronic cigarette in the 8 months i've been using them apart from a couple of friends.

There might be people using them at home but when they go out they probably have a few smokes with their drinks :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well would you notice somebody using a "cigarette" model if you were just giving them a passing glance?

Well your not gonna spot every person that has one, but might of expected to see a few at least.
    Lots of people i've talked to have heard of them but won't actually try them.
    In all the pubs i've been to in the last few months i've just not seen anyone use one.

you were probably too busy rewicking your line :)

The Line is en route to London :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Shame they only sell utterly crap brands in shops here - I'd say they'll put more people off than anything else.

Jasper and Jasper - even the NAME is crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

If I may beg to differ, and please keep in mind that I'm an Ego user myself. I've only come across and tried the two I've mentioned above. I personally didn't like the flavour of the Greensmoke, but having said that, this was the brand that opened my eyes to vaping and started me off on this great journey.

Re: Jasper & Jasper, their disposables don't last very long at all, but IMO actually have quite a pleasant "tobacco" type flavour (haven't tried the menthol). But thier rechargeable version is every bit as comparable to your normal 510, and in some ways is actually better. And although J&J don't sell the prefilled cartomizers as refillable they are very easy to refill and last a surprising amount of time. I've been toying with one of the cartomizers on and off for a almost a week, and it's still going strong. On down side, although these have same thread as 510, they don't seem to be compatible.

Anyone else try these or other high street models? Be interesting to get people's thoughts / experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I started with an Intilicig, got it in a chemist shop before someone objected to them being stocked with nicorette stuff.
    It worked fine, tasted fine and although it had the usual small battery drawbacks led me on to a 510, didn't realize you could refill the carts at the time.
    The cig alike ecigs are the biggest selling form factor. Pity they are so overpriced and lacking in battery life. Nothing will send you back to smokes as fast as being left without.

i saw a kit on an america site that someone i follow on twitter was using, it was a cig type model but it also had a little cigarette box and the box was a pcc. so whenever you weren't taking a draw you stick it in the box and let it charge up. thought that was a nice touch

course now he's moved onto an ego-t, but it's a cool way of getting around the battery issue

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

i saw a kit on an america site that someone i follow on twitter was using, it was a cig type model but it also had a little cigarette box and the box was a pcc. so whenever you weren't taking a draw you stick it in the box and let it charge up. thought that was a nice touch

course now he's moved onto an ego-t, but it's a cool way of getting around the battery issue

Simple but smart idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement