Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Router

Options
  • 04-03-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi,

I have the following for connecting wireless to my three internet service.

http://shop.three.ie/catalogue/products/view/huawei-b260a-white/50979/T010019

I now want to extend this so that it covers upstairs and the far end of my house.

Just wondering what should i be looking(technically) out for when looking for another router.

Can I just run a cable from this one to the new one and then connect wirelessly via the new router.

Please point me towards any good bargains etc that may be out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yep pretty much you get your 3g signal through the router you have now so you can just run a cable from it to another router and both can be used for wifi

Yust have to disable the dhcp on one of the routers and should be good to go really

RouterConfig.jpg

That's the exact thing I use myself, I put the 3 rotuer on the roof since the signal was pants in doors then ran a cable to another router in the house, works great. The router in the pic above is a tp-link n router, works fantastically and never have to reset it. Think they're about 30eu online.. bargain really

Advertisement