Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

45 Sound - replaces audio of fan-shot concert videos with proper live recording

Options
  • 04-03-2012 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi folks,

I just spotted a closed thread from a couple of weeks back about videoing concerts where 45sound.com was mentioned and discussed:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056543222

There was a bit of confusion about what exactly we do and how we do it. The thread is now closed so the Mods suggested I post something here.

In a nutshell, what we do is replace the (usually crap) audio recorded by the tiny on-camera mic of phone and cameras with a proper live audio recording uploaded by the band or venue. The fan gets emailed back a link to download their processed video for their own use, and we push a copy up to a dedicated 45 Sound YouTube channel for the band.

So instead of poor-sounding videos of a live show scattered randomly around YouTube, they're nicely laid out on the show's page on 45sound.com and on one YouTube channel per band.

We successfully demonstrated our matching technology at the Hard Working Class Heroes festival here in Dublin last October, went live with the site last month, and are officially launching at SXSW next week where we're in the final of the Music Accelerator competition.

Here's Rory Friers of And So I Watch You From Afar talking about using 45 Sound on their recent tour of Russia, Ukraine & Belarus:

ASIWYFA in Moscow, February 2nd 2012
    ASIWYFA in St. Petersburg, February 3rd 2012
    Ham Sandwich in the Academy, Dublin, February 18th 2012

SiliconRepublic.com also posted a story about us today if you'd like to know more.

If anyone has any questions or comments about 45 Sound, post them up here and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

Cathal
    45 Sound

Advertisement