Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Drinking = Alcoholic

Options
  • 04-03-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

I dont drink weekdays ever but i do enjoy drinking saterday and sunday and getting pissed im a merry drunk, but my other half nags the bollix out of me,im not out in the pub im at home, i provide for everything

Do i deserve this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Does your OH drink with you? Do you have any kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

go down the pub and skull 10 pints, you wont notice her nagging after that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If you can't go without drink then you are probably an alcoholic, if you simply choose not to go without drink then your OH is just being a cnut. It's your body, do as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

luckyfrank wrote: »
    I dont drink weekdays ever but i do enjoy drinking saterday and sunday and getting pissed im a merry drunk, but my other half nags the bollix out of me,im not out in the pub im at home, i provide for everything

Do i deserve this ?

If you've kids you're a bit of a **** parent IMO. If you don't you're a bad husband/BF IMO. I wouldn't want anyone who's pissed all weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Your wife seems to be driving you to the pub, now don't do anything stupid like giving up the drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Alcoholic.

'Alcoholic' is such a meaningless word made even more meaningless by people who use it to describe the drinking of people they know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

OP - You're a disgrace. An absolute disgrace.

No offence like :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tell her to whist

You're the man of the house aren't you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

token101 wrote: »
    If you've kids you're a bit of a **** parent IMO. If you don't you're a bad husband/BF IMO. I wouldn't want anyone who's pissed all weekend.

He's a bad husband/boyfriend because he likes to go out and have a few pints at the weekend? If you work hard all week, are you not entitled to unwind at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

are you saying you drink by yourself in the house OP?

• Advertisement

He's a bad husband/boyfriend because he likes to go out and have a few pints at the weekend? If you work hard all week, are you not entitled to unwind at the weekend?

First of all he said he was staying in. If there's kids around that's disgusting IMO. A ****ing horrible example, saying its OK to get pissed all weekend. Getting pissed all day Saturday and Sunday isn't the same as having a few pints, and the OP said he was getting pissed. Doesn't really matter if you work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Act like an actual alcoholic for a week. Maybe when you've a week off. Get up in the morning and top up your coffee with a naggen, then start on the beers at lunchtime. She'll soon be begging you to go back to your weekend beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

If ye have kids she has a point, if not I dont see the problem assuming you are a merry drunk and not causing trouble and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Bring home a lounge girl....that'll show her what she's missing.

chucktesta wrote: »
    If ye have kids she has a point, if not I dont see the problem assuming you are a merry drunk and not causing trouble and the likes

Maybe she doesn't want a pisshead for a BF? She might be just saying calm down the drinking before she walks away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I do have kids but when i say im pissed it means im happy im not falling around the place, she drinks with me on saterday, i like having a few on sunday watching the sport and fall asleep in the chair

BTW anyone mentioning kids needs a reality check, having a few drinks on the weekend doesnt make you a bad parent

token101 wrote: »
    First of all he said he was staying in. If there's kids around that's disgusting IMO. A ****ing horrible example, saying its OK to get pissed all weekend. Getting pissed all day Saturday and Sunday isn't the same as having a few pints, and the OP said he was getting pissed. Doesn't really matter if you work or not.

I think if you work hard all week, then you're entitled to relax at the weekend whether that be having a few pints/drinks at home or going for a walk or playing cards or whatever it is that you're into.

He said that he gets merry drunk so I take it he's not causing any trouble. He doesn't drink during the week, he limits his drinking to Saturday and Sunday. TBH, I don't see the problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

how much drink

M cebee wrote: »
    how much drink

12 cans of bulmers light spread throught the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I do have kids but when i say im pissed it means im happy im not falling around the place, she drinks with me on saterday, i like having a few on sunday watching the sport and fall asleep in the chair

BTW anyone mentioning kids needs a reality check, having a few drinks on the weekend doesnt make you a bad parent

Do you live in a housing estate, draw the dole, drink cans and support Arsenal ?. If the answer is yes then your a dole scrounging scummer alcoholic and your kids will probably grow up to be junkies.

If not then your just drinking to numb the pain of a life you never wanted, kids that you hate and a wife that you dont love any more. If the nagging is getting to ya increase the dose of sport and beer until the amount of a shít you give decreases to a manageable level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

So you sit at home getting pissed on your 'own'?

Getting pissed with your friends is great craic, but on your own with kids in the house? She might have a point

I'm not fighting your case anymore. I can see why she is nagging you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Do i deserve this ?

So, on the two days a week that you should be spending time together you go to the pub? Bit of an own goal, oh and you`re not living up to your username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

M cebee wrote: »
    how much drink

im no saint either
    she has a legitimate complaint
    could you drink at nite instead and do some stuff with kids daytime

You're drinking 12 cans on a Saturday afternoon with kids in the house and I need a reality check?

12 cans is nothing

and i do spend time with my kids when i have a few playing cod now with my son, creepy the way MungBean knew i supported arsenal, already watched hells kitchen on sky plus and booked in to watch true blood at 10 with other half i feel im being persiecuted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

12 cans of cider during the day? Jaysus, i retract my earlier post!

unless its me 12 cans of bulmers light is nothing, wine/spirits will leave you fooked, i dont know lads must get drunk easily these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

unless its me 12 cans of bulmers light is nothing, wine/spirits will leave you fooked, i dont know lads must get drunk easily these days

How do you know 12 cans is nothing? What's the most you've ever drank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 roisinsotoole

I wonder if she was doing what u are would reaction be the same!

Advertisement