Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Drinking = Alcoholic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

luckyfrank wrote: »
    12 cans is nothing

and i do spend time with my kids when i have a few playing cod now with my son, creepy the way MungBean knew i supported arsenal, already watched hells kitchen on sky plus and booked in to watch true blood at 10 with other half i feel im being persiecuted

Jesus. You asked for an opinion. You really don't see anything wrong with drinking away on a Sunday evening as you're spending time with your children? If you do and can't stop get professional help. If you don't and probably could stop, then listen to your partner and cop the **** on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

TheZohan wrote: »
    How do you know 12 cans is nothing? What's the most you've ever drank?

Well once i drank all the water in the sea and swam all the way to italy but thats another story, i can drink 12 get up 2moro and function, little bit bitchy other boardsies, he is without sin cast the first stone, im a good guy i like my few drinks at the weekend, my mates are out all night most weekends and i know they arent faithful, and here's me a family man getting s/hit for a having a few at the weekend

Something not right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Well once i drank all the water in the sea and swam all the way to italy but thats another story, i can drink 12 get up 2moro and function, little bit bitchy other boardsies, he is without sin cast the first stone, im a good guy i like my few drinks at the weekend, my mates are out all night most weekends and i know they arent faithful, and here's me a family man getting s/hit for a having a few at the weekend

12 cans each day over the weekend is a crate of Bulmers...12 litres. Maybe your g/f is looking out for you, they generally don't bitch and moan unless there's something up or they have endocrine problems. Are there any alcoholics in your family?

12 cans each day over the weekend is a crate of Bulmers...12 litres. Maybe your g/f is looking out for you, they generally don't bitch and moan unless there's something up or they have endocrine problems. Are there any alcoholics in your family?

me da, functioning though and he has to drink i choose too

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roisinsotoole

How do you know 12 cans is nothing? What's the most you've ever drank?

Something not right there[/Quote. Sorry but a family man puts family before booze. When a member of family is not happy because of alcohol then u need to grow up, leave ur drinks until kids in bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

What have your friends got to do with it? You're getting pissed up all weekend in front of your kids, but that's OK because your friends are cheating on their partners? That just makes them cnuts, it doesn't make you right FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

If you're doing it every week, you're drinking too much. Its grand when you're young and single but if you're living with a partner and have kids, you have to go without drink during the day. Just keep it to the night time and have proper nights out once in while rather than cheap nights/days in all the time.

Kids are well wise to adults when alcohol is involved. I hated it when I was a kid and my parents had drink on them. It was fine when it was a proper night out and you knew they were out together in the pub, but when they were around the house during the day after drink, I used to hate it. Fecking eejits trying to play with you and they half pissed. My grandfather used to go around the house on all fours giving the kids horsey rides, but he was so drunk that he'd end up throwing you off half way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

If your drinking 12 litres of Cider (not Cidre :mad:)* every weekend then I hope you are partial to cirrhosis of the liver. :)

*You should try Stella Artois Cidre. It's lovely. And Bulmers Spiced Apple and Honey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

12 cans of bulmers light spread throught the day
    No, how much do you drink? Not your wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

El Weirdo wrote: »
    No, how much do you drink? Not your wife.
    Fecking Ribena just shot out me nose, nice one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Fecking Ribena just shot out me nose, nice one :D

Are you 4 years old?:) I drink Ribena too!!!!!!!!

me da, functioning though and he has to drink i choose too

Right so Frank. Your da is an alcoholic and you spend all day Saturday and Sunday boozing(not going mental on it, drinking 12 cans each day). Now can you see why your g/f might be a bit narky with you? Alcoholics don't start off drinking 7 days a week Frank, they build up to it. Have you considered giving up the booze for say two weekends or maybe a month to prove to your missus that you're OK? I'm sure she's worried about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I dont drink weekdays ever but i do enjoy drinking saterday and sunday and getting pissed im a merry drunk, but my other half nags the bollix out of me,im not out in the pub im at home, i provide for everything

Do i deserve this ?

Go to the pub, do this with friends and take Mrs luckyfrank with you [get a baby sitter] - you are working hard during the week and fairrplay for not imbibing Monday to Friday - but enjoy the weekends and the family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I think, like most here, I was with you until you said twelve pints in a day. Twelve pints of Bulmers Light is almost a full bottle of vodka, weight-for-weight.
    700ml of 40% vodka = 280 ml of alcohol.
    12 x 4.5% B. Light = 270ml of alcohol.
    Halve that and you'd be closer to normal. Even that wouldn't be most people's normal, but it's conceivable.
    Maybe you have a wooden leg, maybe you're in denial - that's a lot of drink.

grindle wrote: »
    I think, like most here, I was with you until you said twelve pints in a day. Twelve pints of Bulmers Light is almost a full bottle of vodka, weight-for-weight.
    700ml of 40% vodka = 280 ml of alcohol.
    12 x 4.5% B. Light = 270ml of alcohol.
    Halve that and you'd be closer to normal. Even that wouldn't be most people's normal, but it's conceivable.
    Maybe you have a wooden leg, maybe you're in denial - that's a lot of drink.

Most vodka is 37.5%, it's only the likes of Smirnoff Black label or Absolut blue that are 40%.

Most vodka is 37.5%, it's only the likes of Smirnoff Black label or Absolut blue that are 40%.

Maybe, never buy vodka outside of a duty-free nowadays.
    Okay... There's 8ml less alcohol in a bottle of normal Smirnoff.
    Even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

When you said 6 litres of bulmers over the day I wasn't overly concerned about the alcohol content there, I could do that over a day easy, I wouldn't do it every week now mind you, a couple of times a year is closer, but I could manage it and not get drunk. It's the nutrition issues that freak me out there, 1700 liquid calories you go through in a Saturday, assuming it's light and not original (double that if it is), that's just gross man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

When you said 6 litres of bulmers over the day I wasn't overly concerned about the alcohol content there, I could do that over a day easy, I wouldn't do it every week now mind you, a couple of times a year is closer, but I could manage it and not get drunk. It's the nutrition issues that freak me out there, 1700 liquid calories you go through in a Saturday, assuming it's light and not original (double that if it is), that's just gross man...

the effect on kids and partner are primary concern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

M cebee wrote: »

I know, but you already addressed that, just giving the OP one more incentive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

If you don't drink then you're also assumed to be an alcoholic. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sounds a lot like alcoholism to me. Your partner is right for nagging you, she's trying to stop you from killing yourself.

M cebee wrote: »

Plus, the equivalent of two bottles of vodka over two days... I'm considered a heavy drinker by everyone I know, but that shït's saved for events like weddings, stags, events or holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

al28283 wrote: »
    He didn't mention kids
    He did. says he plays COD with them when having a few, a few pages back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭weisses

12 cans of bulmers light spread throught the day

Onslow finally made it to boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

You drink throughout the day all weekend. You're drinking in front of the kids and while playing with the kids. Your partner is right to nag you. I would have you out the door for being such a crap role model to the kids and for teaching them appalling drinking habits. You might think 12 cans over a day is nothing for 2 days every weekend but any normal person would think it's a large amount.

Cut down on the drinking, only drink when the kids are in bed. Maybe go out with the wife every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Devils advocate... Guy goes to bar at weekend and spends €60 each night or he decides to stay home and have a few,cost €15,Does not get narky,spends time with his kids....alcoholism...a little harsh I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

jluv wrote: »
    Devils advocate... Guy goes to bar at weekend and spends €60 each night or he decides to stay home and have a few,cost €15,Does not get narky,spends time with his kids....alcoholism...a little harsh I think..

you paint a pretty picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Sounds a lot like alcoholism to me. Your partner is right for nagging you, she's trying to stop you from killing yourself.

You have no idea what alcoholism is, if you think this guy is an alcoholic, he is going to work tomorrow morning to provide for his family in a job he probably hates "just a guess" the whole week sober and just because he likes a few saturday night with the wife and sunday to watch the football. Thats not alcoholism.

Lol just seen your boards name is party at my gaff oh the irony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

It's not a few with the wife though - it's quite alot during the day in front of the kids. That is not OK.

• Advertisement

I dont know ? on me 12th plus one in the pub i feel good, drunk but good, after readin the posts i feel like a raging alcoholic

Some of you guys have issues

Advertisement