Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Orangery

Options
  • 04-03-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi

I have been looking around but cant seem to find a thread on this.

Im looking to build an orangery (part conservatory, part sunroom....see pic) as an extension to the rear of my house. Size would be about 20ft by 15 ft.

I cant seem to find many info in Ireland on the supply of these structures.
    Has anyone ever built one of these structures as an alternative to a conservatory? Any idea of a rough cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

You should be looking at 25-30K depending on the spec, and finish.

No problems with this all of the Conservatory Co's will do what you want, as you said, its a Sunroom construction, with a Conservatory roof, as the centre of the roof structure.

They are not too popular here, no idea why, but in UK, very common.

make sure whoever you go with has done this before, look for ref's as a cowboy will manage Conservatory but make a right mess of this .

where are you based

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

http://www.******************.ie/

post edited and poster infracted.

The whole reason for the prices forum is to give posters previous experience regarding companies and products with the main intention of providing price guideline.

Simply linking to a website as above, with no description of previous experience or any guide to what prices this company charge, is actually against the rules as it can be considered shilling and / or advertising.

sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭themoneyguy

Based in Dublin.
    Even looking for roof kits in Ireland, nowhere to be found..

Advertisement