Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of things that are bugging me

• 04-03-2012 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

I wanted to share the list of things that are bugging me:

1. I'm about to change my phone and can't decide between Samsung Galaxy S II and Blackberry Bold 9900. I like S II functionality, but I'm not a huge fan of Google and touch screens, also, as a happy Blackberry user, I find it very difficult to switch to a completely different handheld. This one's been bugging me for a good while now and the worst thing is that I can't see any light in the tunnel! :confused:

2. I would like to buy a tablet, again - can't decide which one. Anything above 450e is too expensive, anything below doesn't offer much. I wonder if I really need it at all.

3. A small bit of fat on my belly drives me crazy, the weather is so cr@p though, I can't force myself out for a jog. It's bugging me, because I get more and more frustrated about it, and the weather doesn't get any better! :mad:

Would you like to share your own first world problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Get a blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I wish Top Gear dedicated more time to cars and less time to the three twats doing their scripted panto-esque 'comedy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

Kiera wrote: »
    Get a blog.
    No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I've been sick for over a week and have to queue up at 9am tomrrow to try and see a doctor without an appointment. I'm really not a morning person. Earlier on I made tea to help myself feel better but I forgot about it and it went cold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

1. lists

that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

#whitepeopleproblems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Old Tom wrote: »

1. I'm about to change my phone and can't decide between Samsung Galaxy S II and Blackberry Bold 9900. I like S II functionality, but I'm not a huge fan of Google and touch screens, also, as a happy Blackberry user, I find it very difficult to switch to a completely different handheld. This one's been bugging me for a good while now and the worst thing is that I can't see any light in the tunnel! :confused:

2. I would like to buy a tablet, again - can't decide which one. Anything above 450e is too expensive, anything below doesn't offer much. I wonder if I really need it at all.

3. A small bit of fat on my belly drives me crazy, the weather is so cr@p though, I can't force myself out for a jog. It's bugging me, because I get more and more frustrated about it, and the weather doesn't get any better! :mad:

Cyanide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

The OH bought the wrong colour jacksroll when she was shopping.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I can't get the wife to leave the toilet seat up when she finishes using it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

The lack of motivation to get packing in order to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

1. There are a few QWERTY Androids out there, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro for example.

2. You don't sound like you need one.

3. Go for it. You sound like you're looking for an excuse not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Get yourself out of the tunnel, down to a phone store and buy the Blackberry. Sure you don't like the other one. Sorted.

450 e tablets is too much for any man. Just have the one and enjoy the buzz. Sorted

Throw on some house music after you take the e tablet. Best workout ever !! Sorted

Should I have 3 or 4 cans with the pizza I have on ? Head-wrecking. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

1. Some time ago, in a land not far far away, well based here, there was a boards.ie like "board" dedicated to Flight Simulation - I refer here to the ifsd - Irish Flight Simulator Design forum - greatly missed.
    2. Loosing my Porsche sunglasses. 280 euro worth. My own fault.
    3. Not being able to buy even 1 more 1/48 scale Radio Control King Tiger Tanks from Marks Models for the price they were retailed at. I am not open to any offers higher than this price. I did'nt use them as a tank - I removed the gun and turrett and put in a headcam instead for film making. Think of CIE converting the Leopard single decker buses into break down towtrucks - younger boardsies won't have a clue what I'm talking about here ofcourse because now Dublin Bus has dedicated breakdown trucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

krudler wrote: »
    #whitepeopleproblems

#firstworldproblems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

forget the blog suggestion... use the rant & rave forum -->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I wish Top Gear dedicated more time to cars and less time to the three twats doing their scripted panto-esque 'comedy'.

It bugs me that I cant afford that spitfire car. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

1 - People who make a big deal about closing their account only to open a new one soon after ;)

KeithM89 wrote: »
    1 - People who make a big deal about closing their account only to open a new one soon after ;)
    Meh, if I had something to hide I'd use different email address. Just too much drink that night and bam! Too late now.

... I also shut down my main e-mail account then. That's actually bugging me a little bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I drink all the time so I dont have any of these problems except maybe the drinking all of the time but then I just drink a little extra for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Meh, if I had something to hide I'd use different email address.

Bless, such naivety, the Mods are all seeing and all knowing I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

It bugs me when people use the phrase 'first world problems'... If I'm gonna complain i'm gonna complain don't make me feel bad just because I'm not a starving African....

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Regarding a tablet OP, is the Kindle fire out in Ireland yet? got one for herself for Christmas she loves it, There a great machine considering the price..

Regarding a tablet OP, is the Kindle fire out in Ireland yet? got one for herself for Christmas she loves it, There a great machine considering the price..
    The specs are a bit low in this one. I'm probably not re-think if I really need it, as suggested above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Ahh Tom, you see, you just want a tablet because that's what all the cool kids have these days.
    Just face it, you are never gonna be young and cool.
    Now put your slippers on, and go and read the newspaper in front of the fire, like a good old man. ;)

The labels that we have in the label-printer in work are smaller than the ones we usually use. I prefer the other ones.:( And we have three packets of them to use up. Oh the horror!

Advertisement