Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

04/03/2012

• 04-03-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭

Jeremy's telling porkies again. The "Bentley Meteor" is - like The Beast years ago - powered by a Rolls Royce Meteor tank engine, not the supercharged Merlin aero engine. Still 27,000 cc, though. That's not a Blower on the front, is it?

I wonder how much fuel was used that day, between the "Bentley" and Brutus? Hooning round that track, they must be talking gallons per mile ... :eek:

edit - I see James just set Jeremy straight. The "supercharger" is actually an oil cooler. Are we geeks or what? :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Quite enjoying this episode actually.

The Bently v Brutus bit was pointless, but if I had 500k+ to burn I would be thinking Bently is nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I thought it was a good show, those aircraft engine cars were something else. 43 Litres the Brutus was :eek: Going around the hammerhead, the combination of that kind of torque combined with likely no or a very basic diff, meant it boiled one of the rear tyres. The smoke remained for ages

Cutting to Hammond behind the Audi was very funny, & the track day had a few giggles. Solid enough episode, very solid season actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Yeah, the Hammond behind the Audi got a genuine laugh alright.

To be fair, this season is definitely streets ahead of the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Yeah, it's scripted...but it just 'feels' less scripted if you know what i mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i enjoyed it, welcome change from the usual farrari lambogrini tripe

btw - just in case you missed it, there's a programme on just before it called world's most dangerous roads which is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seen that, very entertaining!

Another solid if unremarkable edition, nothing bad all pretty good. I'd have preferred
    James May to have looked at the Brutus and Bentley as the engineering aspects would have been fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I thought Clarkson was perfect for the Spitfire-Bently, May can prattle on about the engineering technologies on some other Engineering/Technical marvels show, Clarkson took it out gave it the beans and reported back on the Driving experience, to be honest it made me want to Drive the thing, if May had done I would probably have wanted to study the thing in great detail.

altho it would have been interesting to have May's comparison to Brian Johnsons one he drove a few episodes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

That morgan yoke that Hammond brought to the trackday looked like great craic, thats what I'd like for trackdays, something just a bit mental that could kill you if you looked at it funny without being some insane 10000000HP monster, the sort of thing that you drive on the edge even at slow speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Buffman

Another good episode, the Stig had a few interesting laps to do! The final corner in that Morgan was :eek:! :D

Certainly an interesting ad campaign by Audi!

JC praising Ofcom about all the complaints was funny.

Laughed at them getting soaked by the rain on the drive to the studio!
    It was nice of mother nature to read the script!:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement