Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Veg grower

Options
  • 04-03-2012 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello Gardeners,
    Well i am planning to grow my own veg this year and have a decent spot behind our house facing the sun for the vast majority of the day.
    I have dug a plot around 12 square meters turned the soil and bought a couple of the small domes that were on sail in aldi during the week.
    Basically just looking to grow herbs,mint,coriander,basil as we eat a tonne of them here,maybe a little garlic and chilli.
    First question do I need to get new soil to grow them or is the existing soil any good,we live in the countryside.
    Second question is it ok to start growing now as I am unsure when to start planting,also I was told to plant cuttings and not start from seeds.
    Should I cover the stuff straight away to protect it or let it grow a little first,now as you all can see I am a total novice,also would it help to add a grower to the soil.
    Thanks and excuse my basics please.

Advertisement