Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of taxi from M'gar to K'gad

Options
  • 04-03-2012 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Any idea of the cost of a taxi from Mullingar to Kinnegad....at 3am?!!
    Catching the airport bus from Kinnegad and was casing the town out today to see what my parking options etc are only to find out that its fecking paid parking everywhere!
    Back to drawing board with me!

On a side note!
    If anyone knows of any bus comapnies that go to the airport at a silly early morning hour please let me know!
    Have checked out Bus Eireann and thats a non runner due to poor return times and the other option is Citylink from Kinnegad...which is the reason for my question above!

Any other options that you can think of please fire away!

Cheers folks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Tesco have free parking if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Don't know if I'd chance leaving a car in tesco, if you are away for a while.. They have no responsibility if something happens. Supermarket car parks are generally an attraction for little feckers causing trouble too!

Wouldn't say a taxi would be more than 30 or 40? Maybe ring up a couple and find out. If you do that, then you can get the train back to Mullingar and not worry about having to go collect what is left of your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I once got a taxi from Kinnged to Mullingar around 12am and it was €25 or €35.

If you want, I can give you the name and number of the taxi I used, PM me and I'll send it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I think Taxi is the cheaper option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Don't know how much a taxi would cost ya. Do you not have a mate/family who could drop you off?

Citylink is the bus service alright. It's about an hour to the airport depending on the route. Sometimes it goes to Dublin city first THEN the airport, other times it goes straight to the airport. I had to take this bus to work (in the airport) for three months, so that's how I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Thanks for all your replies folks!
    Have it all sussed now!
    Was just trying to work out the most cost effective way of getting to and from the airport and without doubt its the bus!
    Imagine its only e15 return with Citylink and if I was to drive it would cost me up on e90 when you include petrol,tolls and parking. Crazy stuff!
    The difference will buy mea nice pair of jeans in Macy's me thinks!! ;)

Advertisement