Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dan john complexes

• 04-03-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

hi guys, first time poster long time reader. ive completed about 10 to 12 weeks of heavy lifting via clean and jerks, squats, benching, dead lifts and pulls to gain power for hurling, so as the hurling is in full swing now i don't get to go to the gym as much as i like, maybe twice a week so im thinking of doing dan john complexes for conditioning and keep my strength up, has anyone any experience of them. its the following exercises continuously for three sets with a good break between.
    Row x 8
    Clean x 8
    Front squat x 8
    Military press x 8
    Back squat x 8
    Good mornings x 8

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

cosatron wrote: »
    hi guys, first time poster long time reader. ive completed about 10 to 12 weeks of heavy lifting via clean and jerks, squats, benching, dead lifts and pulls to gain power for hurling, so as the hurling is in full swing now i don't get to go to the gym as much as i like, maybe twice a week so im thinking of doing dan john complexes for conditioning and keep my strength up, has anyone any experience of them. its the following exercises continuously for three sets with a good break between.
    Row x 8
    Clean x 8
    Front squat x 8
    Military press x 8
    Back squat x 8
    Good mornings x 8

What kind of "conditioning" are you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

i suppose i want to use the complexes that will work with heavy running and that i can perform to maximum levels both in the gym and on the pitch. as for conditioning, i hope to maintain my strength levels, endurance and core strength. training is usually mon, wed, and fri with a match on sun, i try to hit the gym on tuesday and thursday so i feel these complexes will help me do all of the above, but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

I was reading up on complexes lately here are two good articles on them and there are links inside these to others like Dan John.

http://www.70sbig.com/blog/2010/08/barbell-complexes/
    http://www.70sbig.com/blog/2011/09/barbell-complexes-2/

Advertisement